MBB @Kansas (Travel and Tickets)

1,375 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Since I booked my flights today, figured I would start the thread like the Duke thread.

No tickets or hotel yet, but thinking about staying at The Oread. Nothing within walking distance of the Fieldhouse, and this place has a rooftop bar, so...sign me up.

https://theoread.com/

I do see some tickets on 3rd party sites, they aren't on sale yet, so assuming these are season tickets holders just listing them in advance.

Phog Allen is incredible, they are able to jam 16,000 in there and it still has the old wooden bleachers. I believe there is limited to NO visitor seating behind our bench. I went to a Texas/Kansas game in Lawrence years ago, we had Texas player tickets and still were in the very top corner. So I'm assuming the limited tickets SFA gets will also be up in the corner.

Looking forward to this one! Let me know if you have questions or if you are thinking of going.
TallTexan
I'm gonna have to see when our company Christmas party is first.

Not necessarily going to that but might be good for the career.
PurpleOut
Staff
Not to try to convince anyone to go, but flights and hotel are pretty cheap right now.

I'm flying in the morning of the 18th, leaving Sunday. SWA from Dallas to KC RT is $207. The Oread that I booked is the most expensive that I saw at $157.

The game ticket will be the only expensive part.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
Here is an interactive seating chart as well: https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/university_kansas/basketball/#/
PurpleOut
Staff
Just got a pair. Right now I am going solo, so if anyone else is going by themselves and is interested in ticket close to the bench (it wasn't cheap), let me know.

Also, I found out that SensationalSeats.com has WAY lower fees than than StubHub, SeatGeek and all of those. About $80-$130 cheaper overall.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kansas game is officially sold out.

Still decently priced tickets on StubHub.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.