2021 Tailgating

2,552 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting to line up tailgating dates. I'm committed to September 18th. Mississippi Valley
October 30th. Abilene Christian

I'm adjacent to the Forestry Building. North side. Like to meet some sawmill ers......
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm down for some games this year. Excited it'll be back fully open to get our real tailgating in.
TheRevSFA
BigJack85 said:

Starting to line up tailgating dates. I'm committed to September 18th. Mississippi Valley

I'm adjacent to the Forestry Building. North side. Like to meet some sawmill ers......

I will be there for the MVSU game for sure
BigJack85
TheRevSFA said:

BigJack85 said:

I will be there for the MVSU game for sure

I'm probably going September 25th now. Trying to accommodate a buddy and fit in a trip to the timeshare.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hotel booked for 9/4 and 9/18 weekends.

Family coming on the 4th (with another family), solo on the 18th.

Let's party?
PurpleOut
Staff
Side note for anyone that may need a new tailgating tent. I bought the "second level" priced tent at Academy last week and it appears to be pretty good quality.

In the past I had the cheaper ($49ish) slanted leg tent, the one below that we took to the beach was $79 and straight legged. Definitely sturdier and had about 20 extra square feet of shade space. I may actually go get a 2nd one just cause.

BigJack85
Solid. I have one of those. Axe 'Em.
PurpleOut
Staff
Anyone else going to be in town or around 9/4?

3 weeks away!
BigJack85
Holding out for the 25th. Decided to wait as long as as possible, to avoid the heat.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Holding out for the 25th. Decided to wait as long as as possible, to avoid the heat.

Boo, you should come out on the 18th too.
BigJack85
Wanted to go for sure on the 18th. Got to much *****ing about the heat etc. Also one of my crew is hunting in Africa.

I'm probably coming October 30th. ACU. Should be a good one.
PurpleOut
Staff
Looks like they're doing some extra stuff for Family Weekend next weekend.

Some sort of Lumberjack Alley tailgate, I hope that's not in the commuter lot.

Family Weekend Schedule | Orientation and Transition Programs | Stephen F. Austin State University (sfasu.edu)
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Family Weekend Schedule | Orientation and Transition Programs | Stephen F. Austin State University (sfasu.edu)

I'll be able to make that one. I'm not a big tailgate guy, but sounds like fun. I hope the Alumni tent is up again.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

I'll be able to make that one. I'm not a big tailgate guy, but sounds like fun. I hope the Alumni tent is up again.
Yeah come on by! The Rev and I will be out there fairly early, the Lumberjack Alley starts at noon, and then the Alumni Corner opens at 3:00.

TheRevSFA
PurpleOut said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

Yeah come on by! The Rev and I will be out there fairly early, the Lumberjack Alley starts at noon, and then the Alumni Corner opens at 3:00.

It's always a party when I show up
BigJack85
Is anyone on the Sawmill planning on tailgating at NRG before the BOTPW? I am planning on it. It would be cool if we could coordinate and get a couple of tents together. I will be bringing my purple tent!!!!
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Is anyone on the Sawmill planning on tailgating at NRG before the BOTPW? I am planning on it. It would be cool if we could coordinate and get a couple of tents together. I will be bringing my purple tent!!!!

Not going to make it. I still have a hard time with the NRG set up. Even if I could make it, going to the trouble to set up a tailgate for just 2 hours or whatever doesn't cut it for me.
PurpleOut
Staff
Anyone planning on going to the EKU on Nov 6th?

Might have something special for Sawmill folks that will be there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.