3/7 Weekend (Baseball & Basketball)

3,646 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Hey guys, wanted to gauge some interest for the weekend of 3/7. Baseball has Lamar in town and of course Sam Houston for basketball.

I'm planning on getting a ticket to the Friday night baseball game in the VIP Box. Tickets are $40, which is obviously more than your average ticket for SFA baseball, but you get all of the amenities of the suite and it's BYOB (I think). Anyone interested in joining?

And then for Saturday, definitely will be tailgating and I believe there will be some sort of tailgate from the Alumni Association at the minimum. Hopefully the AD gets involved for this one.

BigJack85
I'm a gigantic maybe. Going up for the basketball not sure yet on baseball.
BigJack85
I'm in for the basketball. Will be tailgating on the south side of the commuter lot. Probably about 12:30PM.
PurpleOut
Staff
Since we won't have the alumni association out this weekend, there won't be any food. So I'm going to start thinking about some options to bring some food in. Grilling/cooking seems like too much trouble. So if anyone is coming and/or interested in pitching in, let me know.
BigJack85
Purple. I'll be arriving with a small group in tow. About 8 of us. I'm considering grabbing Popeyes..... if you want someone to chip in a few $$$$ and join forces for grilling I'm game.
BigJack85
I won't have my grill with me, so if I can secure some space on someone grill I can EITHER bring meat etc or pay some $$$ to contribute.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm sure we could find someone in town that has a grill we could borrow, but to be honest again that just sounds like a lot of trouble. I'm fine with just bringing in food. A few years back Butcher Boys hooked us up for a football tailgate, wonder if they would be interested in doing that again. Or even easier, I'm good with just having pizzas delivered.
BigJack85
Ok. Then we'll have variety. I'm going to get enough Popeyes for plenty. And of course beer. Lots of beer. See you Saturday
PurpleOut
Staff
Update, there's someone coming with a grill. So just bring whatever you want to throw on.

I'll probably just pick up hot links or something simple.
BigJack85
Might be a combo on my end. Some store bought and Popeyes. What area will you be tailgating in? On the border of the commuter lot?
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Might be a combo on my end. Some store bought and Popeyes. What area will you be tailgating in? On the border of the commuter lot?
Yep, the large area of grass next to the creek off East College. The big white alumni tent should be there so you can't miss it. I'll have my tent and flags up too.

That front part of the lot is for Level II parking passes but they should let you drive up and drop off stuff, and then park elsewhere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.