MBB: UNO 2/8

4,851 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Going to plan ahead a little, looking at coming in with some friends for this one. We need to try to organize a real get together/tailgate this season. Any takers for 2/8?
BigJack85
I'm 50/50. Trying to get a last ski trip in. That may be the weekend
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pretty sure that I can make it.
nacluth
I'll be at Huntsville the weekend before, but I hope you all have a good time.
Pilotgirl
Sounds great to me!
TheRevSFA
I hope to be there
PurpleOut
Staff
This is picking up a little traction on Twitter. I'm going to reach out to some folks this week and see if we can get something a little official.

I'm assuming they won't be using this weekend as one of the athletic department tailgates.
nacluth
Oh the idiot that I am was thinking that this would be in New Orleans - even though we JUST played there. Of course I'll be in town and at the game.
PurpleOut
Staff
Things are moving here, assuming that this won't be one of the weekends that the AD blocks off the street to tailgate, the alumni association is down to help and tailgate. I'll keep everyone updated, but this should be a solid day.*

*No weather jinx.
BigJack85
Nice.
TheRevSFA
I'm officially 100 percent in
PurpleOut
Staff
TheRevSFA said:

YES! I'm not in a good mood right now, but plenty of time between now and then to right the ship. What sucks is we have fans that probably will look at the loss tonight and not care about the rest of the season now.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

TheRevSFA said:

YES! I'm not in a good mood right now, but plenty of time between now and then to right the ship. What sucks is we have fans that probably will look at the loss tonight and not care about the rest of the season now.

Then we don't need those peeps as "fans "
BigJack85
I'm going to Huntsville February 1 and Nacogdoches Mar7. At least that's the plan.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

I'm going to Huntsville February 1 and Nacogdoches Mar7. At least that's the plan.
I hope everyone will be in town on the 3/7.
PurpleOut
Staff
If anyone has a tailgating tent, and you're willing to bring it, please do. We should have a few already, but I'm hoping other people can bring some too to make it look bigger and better. The Alumni Association should be setting up one of theirs. Working on some food options now.

And please start spreading the word, if you know that of anyone that will be in town for this weekend, make sure tell them to stop by. But also mention that they can set up their own tailgate with all of us.
PurpleOut
Staff
They just announced that this game is a Cram game, curious if that now means it'll be one of their tailgate weekends too.
PurpleOut
Staff
Tailgate with the alumni association is official. I'll get some more info out soon, but if you're coming to the games that weekend plan on coming out early!
PurpleOut
Staff
Just an update for everyone, the tailgate is still on. However it's going to be slightly different as the alumni association is doing their own thing (RSVPs for food/drinks).

I'm going to start posting from my personal Twitter account, as the goal is still to have as many people out as possible and set up with us or just hang out with us. If you see it, share it. It got some traction a few weeks ago, so hoping some word of mouth will get some people out tailgating.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff

PurpleOut
Staff
Weather forecast changes every day for this weekend. Two days ago it was 72 and sunny, yesterday it was 56 and sunny. Now it's showing 63 with a 40% of rain.

BigJack85
I hope it works out ....... the Sam game at Huntsville was solid. Good crowd (at least our side) and the intensity was high. Good luck.
nacluth
Unfortunately, I have a work trip that day, but I'm supposed to be back in town right around tip-off. Hope to see some of you there!
PurpleOut
Staff
Tailgate was great, thanks to everyone that came out or stopped by. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

Not sure on an overall headcount, but I thought it was very solid for an event not publicized by the athletic department. Expect the same type of tailgate for both the Lamar and Sam games.

A few pics from the Alumni account:

Pilotgirl
Was great to see Alan again! V worked with Travis and caught up with him. That's all we knew Lol. But, we had a good time with lunch and getting some fresh air
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Was great to see Alan again! V worked with Travis and caught up with him. That's all we knew Lol. But, we had a good time with lunch and getting some fresh air
Good to see you two again as well!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.