Tailgate thread

4,825 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Since it was being discussed on other threads, starting this for general tailgate stuff.
PurpleOut
Staff
Not sure what else I'll be making yet. Possibly Lamar (Homecoming). I've heard "Midnight Madness" may be that Friday.
PurpleOut
Staff
A few pics from last weekend:

BigJack85
I had a great time despite the weather!!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

I had a great time despite the weather!!!!
Same. If it wasn't for the family being with me, I probably would have stayed.

Side note, the Alumni Association has really stepped up their tailgate. Better organized, better food (it seemed), and the area with the games and the snocone truck was a huge hit.
TheRevSFA
Tailgate was a blast, even with th deluge.

Keg cooler FTW
HitSomeBody
We really enjoyed the tailgate for home opener game despite the soaking we took.

We will be at UIW (not tailgating) but it appears it will be raining there as well. Maybe by parents weekend we can actually enjoy a dry game.

Parents weekend we will be back with 4 tents, washers, horse shoes, and corn hole toss games. Plus grill, tables and chairs, fans for breeze, TV for day games and of course food and CRABS (cool refreshing adult beverages).

I plan to set up early morning where y'all are at. We will get our son to stop by and say hello. It's the best time of year because we love college football and tailgating.

As for the rest of the home games we will be at all of them tailgating. Also the BOTPW and HBU. The games in Louisiana we will be at but not tailgating.

So, if you ever need my help to organize tailgating gatherings at the home games let me know because we will be at all of them.

Ax'em Jacks
PurpleOut
Staff
HitSomeBody said:

We really enjoyed the tailgate for home opener game despite the soaking we took.

We will be at UIW (not tailgating) but it appears it will be raining there as well. Maybe by parents weekend we can actually enjoy a dry game.

Parents weekend we will be back with 4 tents, washers, horse shoes, and corn hole toss games. Plus grill, tables and chairs, fans for breeze, TV for day games and of course food and CRABS (cool refreshing adult beverages).

I plan to set up early morning where y'all are at. We will get our son to stop by and say hello. It's the best time of year because we love college football and tailgating.

As for the rest of the home games we will be at all of them tailgating. Also the BOTPW and HBU. The games in Louisiana we will be at but not tailgating.

So, if you ever need my help to organize tailgating gatherings at the home games let me know because we will be at all of them.

Ax'em Jacks

You're my new favorite person.
BigJack85
Awesome. I look forward to meeting you!!!
PurpleOut
Staff
Booked for homecoming weekend with the family. I'll set up my tent, probably not much else but we'll be there.
BigJack85
I'm about 50/50 for homecoming. Probably will hinge on a business travel scenario that may have me arriving in Houston late that Friday night.
PurpleOut
Staff
Mentioned it in the HBU thread, but I'll be in town for Homecoming with with family. Mostly for Jack Madness Friday night, but I'll be out there on Saturday with the wife and kids if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.