NFL 2020-2021

3,313 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting a thread for this year...

First observation: I really think not playing pre-season games have hurt several teams and actually contributed to some injuries...

Second observation: Houston is getting what they asked for when they decide to not pay the best WR in the league as well as a key defensive player. (Hopkins and Reader). We did play 2 of the top teams in the league but couldn't hang with them. I have a feeling it is gonna be a tough season for the Texans).

Third observation: HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!! What a thriller of a game that was...And I bet Texan let out a loud YIPEE when his team came from behind. Those are the kind of games I LIVE for...Seattle vs New England was another nail biter. I am a huge fan of Cam's so am secretly hoping he proves he can still be a high performing QB.

What are your thoughts with the season so far?
cboothe09
The NFL and MLB dropped the ball when they had the players go from zero to 100 mph on a dime. I fully believe that is why JV needs Tommy John surgery and Saquon Barkley tore his ACL. These guys needed the right time and ability to get up to speed. I understand the precautions because of COVID, but man they needed a little extra to get ready...

To hell with BoB. After listening to 610 leading into the season, I bought into their thought process. I could see a reasoning for trading DHop. While I get the reasoning, I still hate the trade more than ever now. KC and Baltimore are the class of the AFC for sure, but with DHop and Clowney we could have been competitive. Instead we were embarrassed and outclassed...

The Baltimore/KC AFC Championship will be the defacto Super Bowl and game for the ages...
Pilotgirl
Agreed 100%. I hate that BoB is the general manager. He has worked his way to the top and has won over everyone who makes decisions. An insider told me he isn't going anywhere any time soon

I will always be a fan of DHop tho...he and BoB did not get along bc DHop had leadership skills and BoB was jealous of that. I truly wish the best of him & that he continues showing out for Arizona. On top of that, he is just a good guy. He posted on social media asking for local designers to help him for his game day outfit. Those are the kind of players I want. Reader was very involved with community here. His presence is a already missed.
cboothe09
I agree 100% on why DHop was run out of town. BoB will say it was for salary purposes, but the truth is, they could have paid DHop, Watson, Tunsil, and Cunningham if they didn't sign guys like Cobb for ridiculous deals. BoB was jealous of the way Hopkins could command the locker room, because that isn't the "Patriot Way".

Sadly I feel like Cal McNair is okay with winning AFC South titles and not pursuing anything further...
SFAJack_76
RIP Gale Sayers. He was special.
Pilotgirl
Texans 0-3 for the season. for an 0-16 szn so they can finally fire BoB.
The Bears benched Trubisky in the 3rd and Foles took over to beat the Falcons. The Bears are now 3-0...

Ending of the Bills and Rams game was interesting...

Cowboys playing a tight one vs Seattle and tonight Green Bay takes on NOLA.

But get your popcorn ready for tomorrow night when the Ravens and Chiefs go head to head.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
cboothe09
In two fantasy leagues...We set a 10-game minimum for there to be a payout...I'm no longer sold we hit that point...
Pilotgirl
Yeah, this season is....crazy. Who knows what will happen. Is think there will be even more changes. BUT THE TEXANS FINALLY WON A GAME!!!
Pilotgirl
And then the Texans break my heart then very next week with a winnable game. Am I surprised? No. I will do a quick roundup of standings up to now after the Cowboys play tomorrow night.
Pilotgirl
The NFL this year is TRASH. That's it; that's the summary. Carry on and do something else on your Sundays.
nacluth
Pilotgirl said:

The NFL this year is TRASH. That's it; that's the summary. Carry on and do something else on your Sundays.
Got it. Will do.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Pilotgirl said:

Got it. Will do.
Watching paint dry, walking across broken glass are viable alternatives. I think I will just nap.
Pilotgirl
Yeah, I gave up on this season MONTHS ago. I'm not fan of either of the teams/QBs in the Super bowl this year so I'll go with my tried and true #AnyoneButTomBrady So, Chiefs it is
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.