Kevon Harris

17,002 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not playing pro ball yet, but he does have an agent. Learn more here.
Pilotgirl
Guess I forgot Keller was recruiting him at A&M and then followed him to SFA. We need more 4 yr finds like Kevon!!

Fingers crossed he can at least land in the G league.
SFASawmillGuy
Any updates on Kevon? It's been really quiet with everything going on. I hope there's still interest there.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
nacluth
Draft has started. Hope someone takes a late round flyer on Kevon.
TallTexan
No draft news and haven't seen an UDFA signings yet either.

Bummer. Kevon really deserved to go off the board. He'll get an opportunity somewhere.
TallTexan
Man I figured we'd have some updates by now.
TallTexan
TallTexan
Awesome news.

Pilotgirl
A precious baby girl & know this!!! So happy for Ke!
TallTexan
I wonder what his deal looks like. 10 day? UDFA deal? Etc.
Pilotgirl
I retweeted an article...lemme see if I can find it
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

I wonder what his deal looks like. 10 day? UDFA deal? Etc.

TallTexan
Exhibit 10. Sounds like it's basically a chance to make the team with a training camp invite with a Gleague spot likely. Compensation would be Gleague minimum plus a signing bonus if he plays for the Gleague team for 60 days.

Exhibit 10s can be converted into two way contracts that allow the player to play most of the year in the Gleague, but up to 45 days on the NBA roster.

Excellent opportunity for Kevon IMO.
Pilotgirl
Yes...he can improve and get noticed!
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98
Sounds like he got waived without even being able to practice in camp. Doesn't sound like this worked out the way it was planned thanks to COVID. Lakers may not even send a G league team to the bubble so not sure where this leaves Kevon.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/14/22174868/lakers-waived-kevon-harris-zavier-simpson-tres-tinkle-training-camp-cuts
nacluth
Terrible news for Kevon. 2020 just keeps on giving.
CertifiedAxeman98
He had other opportunities with the Mavs and another team but chose LA. COVID lockdowns and rules have been more strict in California and especial LA vs. Texas so that may have led to this. If LA doesn't have a G league team which is looking doubtful at this point, hopefully he can find another team that is going to have a G league or he may need to go outside the US to play professionally.

Stupid COVID has messed up things big time for Kevon. Not being able to play in the Tourney last year and no NBA offseason to show his talents and now possible the team he is at not having a G league team he can play on.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah that sucks. And it doesn't seem clear on what his options are now with the Lakers and the contract he signed.
SFAJack_76
I saw a tweet a couple of days ago about the baby having his sleep pattern all messed up, and wondered why he was there. It is unclear what happens next. Perhaps his agent made a poor decision going to LA. I hope/wish Kevon was getting some feedback from Walkup about what he learned going through the process.
CertifiedAxeman98
SFAJack_76 said:

I saw a tweet a couple of days ago about the baby having his sleep pattern all messed up, and wondered why he was there. It is unclear what happens next. Perhaps his agent made a poor decision going to LA. I hope/wish Kevon was getting some feedback from Walkup about what he learned going through the process.
in a normal year this might have been a good move in COVID maybe not so much. Hopefully he gets a chance with a G league team this year or next.
TallTexan
Any Kevon news?
PurpleOut
Staff
I know he's in Atlanta now.
PurpleOut
Staff
G-League Draft is today, Kevon is eligible.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

G-League Draft is today, Kevon is eligible.

Fingers crossed.
PurpleOut
Staff
First pick is at 12:15 CST. Here is the list of eligible players: https://gleague.nba.com/nba-g-league-2020-21-draft-eligible-player-list/

Another article: https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/lists/2021-g-league-draft-bubble-season-exhibit-10/
KirkHeath12
Leon Gilmore is also eligible
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
Kevon just went #11
cboothe09
That is awesome for Kevon. For starters, he gets to play and will be in the G-League bubble. Two, he gets to be part of a Raptors franchise that has a great player development program...GREAT deal for Kevon. Very happy for him.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Getting picked right off the gate is great for Kevon. Now time to do damage.
nacluth
SFAJack_76
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.