Clint Dempsey

5,733 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nacluth
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Deuce just announced his retirement. May not mean a lot to some people, but arguably the great soccer player the United States has produced. And better yet...that Nacogdoches has produced. Going to miss watching him play, definitely one of my favorite athletes of all time. I was lucky enough to be at his last game in Seattle and see his last goal.

Side note, we need to get him to some basketball games.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Deuce just announced his retirement. May not mean a lot to some people, but arguably the great soccer player the United States has produced. And better yet...that Nacogdoches has produced. Going to miss watching him play, definitely one of my favorite athletes of all time. I was lucky enough to be at his last game in Seattle and see his last goal.

Side note, we need to get him to some basketball games.
I'm not much of a soccer fan, but I always enjoyed watching him.

And we definitely need to get him to a few basketball games.
TallTexan
Was just thinking about it & Nac should look at putting a Dempsey statue downtown. It'd be a fitting tribute to a native and also great for tourism.
tangerito
I've heard he was building a house on Lake Nacogdoches. Don't know if that means he's moving back anytime soon. May just be for holiday's and such. I'm sure he has a lot of promotion opportunities still in Seattle.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

Was just thinking about it & Nac should look at putting a Dempsey statue downtown. It'd be a fitting tribute to a native and also great for tourism.
Only if it's this:

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

Only if it's this:

We'll get the Ronaldo sculptor, that's their specialty!
nacluth
I'll just leave this here.

nacluth
57 seems to be his number.

Pilotgirl
Beast of a player. Loved watching him on the field as well. Well deserved retirement. HERE IS A POTENTIAL DONOR FOR SFA ATHLETICS, MR. IVEY.
SFA88
His family still lives in Nac so I'm sure he will be back in town on occasion. Having him at a basketball game would be a great promotion, if he would be willing to do it.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hate that he didn't get another shot at the World Cup. And I hate that he ends his career tied for the USMNT goal scoring record AND the Sounders goal scoring record. Crazy.
SFASawmillGuy
I wonder how much he supports SFA athletics actually.
He has no real ties to SFA other than Nacogdoches, so I wonder if he would be willing to be a consistent donor.
Pilotgirl
Never hurts to ask....that's how ya get buildings named after ya ( mostly)...would be cool to have him on board for soccer at least
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

If we can set him up as a special guest, maybe a halftime recognition or something, that's likely another game we could sell out this season.
Pilotgirl
That's what I'm talking about!
nacluth
Had to wear the popsicle jersey today!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.