Tour De France

4,387 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody else on here a Tour De France fan, or just me?
nacluth
Been watching since the days of Lance. Honestly Froome kind of bores me. I was hoping Geraint Thomas would get a shot this year, but we'll see. Any real contenders to the Sky train this year?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
Froome is pretty boring, but is a good rider. Gained some respect for him last year when his team-mates kept cracking on the mountain stages & he pulled himself to victory.

That said, I want the GC to be as close as possible at the end of the tour. I think Richie Port has the best chance to pull it off. I'd go with Quintana, but he just struggles too much outside of the mountains to win.

I mostly watch each stage to see what Peter Sagan may do on that particular day. He could win a GC if he wanted to, but I think he just prefers to ride for stage wins day in & day out. Best rider out there though.
TallTexan
Also waiting for our next great American rider to show up. Who that is, I have no idea.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Also waiting for our next great American rider to show up. Who that is, I have no idea.
Suppose Van Garderen is the best we've got. Certainly not "great."

Must give props to Craddock for continuing to gut it out after his first stage wreck.
TallTexan
I thought Craddick was done after that wreck on the first stage, he's been tough to hang in there.
nacluth
Pretty happy for Geraint Thomas today that he gets to lead Sky for the next few days. The short stage today was brutal. I don't really expect any surprises from here on out, but Roglic at least has a chance of scooping up a podium spot.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Pretty happy for Geraint Thomas today that he gets to lead Sky for the next few days. The short stage today was brutal. I don't really expect any surprises from here on out, but Roglic at least has a chance of scooping up a podium spot.
Ya that was a pretty crazy stage for being so short. Sagan's crash looked pretty rough but looks like he'll be able to continue.

I'm ok with Geraint winning, just wished he raced for a different team lol.

Watching Nairo return to form in the mountains was fun. His countryman, Egan Bernal is really going to be something in the future. He's been holding his own on the mountains and setting a blistering pace.
Txjack
Geez, just now seeing yalls post nearly a month after the tour is over. I too follow(ed) the Tour. I became a fan after Team 7-11 entered the tour in '86. LeMond was a hero of mine back in the day. Some of the gutsiest athletes around are these cyclists.

Love any interview with Sagan, he is hilarious; Bob Roll is a classic; I always root for Quintana, and I pulled for and was glad to see Thomas win it this year.
TallTexan
Sagan's interviews are so awesome. I crack up everytime. This year I'm going to try to watch the Vuelta as well, though admittedly I'll be less devoted.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.