Richie Riley to South Alabama

4,767 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
nsubroski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Riley takes the job at South Al. Not surprised he left, South Al is a bit of a weird choice though. Our Athletic director has proven to be pretty competent with personal choices, so we'll see who we get. New coach is going to have to replace a lot though.
nacluth
Yeah. Hopefully you get another winner. Coach Riley had it going on, but it's tough when the money comes calling. Keep us updated as the search gets going.
nsubroski
Will do the only upsetting thing is that this happened so quickly. I feel like he mailed it in as soon as Sadler got hurt and that kind of damaged our chances
sfa17
welcome to the club. That is what happens when u have a good. It could be worst, you could have Hooten. Underwood didn't even fly back to nac after the Notre dame loss. He went directly to Stillwater. But we still love him. Good luck on your search.We need more teams like Nicholls to be consistently good and competitive
Ljacks&Longnecks
Since Riley loaded Nicholls with transfers, several I believe were seniors and on another thread I see Sadler and twin are leaving I think Nicholls will be in a rebuilding hole for a couple of years.
TallTexan
I think the twins played for McNeese.
SFAJack_76
Apparently being replaced by assistant Austin Claunch. His resme' from Nicholl's web site:

HOMETOWN: Houston, Texas
EDUCATION: Emory, 2012 (bachelor's); Clemson, 2015 (master's)

COLLEGIATE COACHING EXPERIENCE
2015-16: Clemson (Assistant Coach)
2013-15: Clemson (Graduate Manager)
2012-13: George Mason University (Assistant Coach)
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Apparently being replaced by assistant Austin Claunch. His resme' from Nicholl's web site:

Dang he's young. Or I would assume from the date he got his bachelor's. They probably saved a pretty penny hiring him too.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Dang he's young. Or I would assume from the date he got his bachelor's. They probably saved a pretty penny hiring him too.
2008 graduate of Houston Strake Jesuit College Preparatory, so maybe 28. At Clemson, he was actually the
Assistant Video Services Director. He was the Director of Player Development at George Mason.

Sounds very much like a financial move. Wish him well.
TallTexan
Opportunity of a lifetime for him, hope he makes the most of it, so long as the most of it is runner up in the SLC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.