2017 Attendance

3,242 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We should not complain too much as we are the top school in the SLC in football attendance.

Sad the winningest programs in the SLC can't get their fans into the stands.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
Would not have guessed that the SWAC would be first.

Just imagine what SFA attendance will be when we have a winning team. 2018? We can hope.
SFASawmillGuy
The SWAC is always at the top of the attendance. But then again, they have a rivalry that literally sells out the Cotton Bowl. They have some games that have legit FBS attendance numbers.
SFASawmillGuy
I agree we have the best fans by far in the SLC, but I will still complain because I want us to have higher goals than "just" being the best in the SLC. I want SFA to have national aspirations, not just be #1 in the #7th ranked conference.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

I agree we have the best fans by far in the SLC, but I will still complain because I want us to have higher goals than "just" being the best in the SLC. I want SFA to have national aspirations, not just be #1 in the #7th ranked conference.
How do we get to 20k per game? I think it'd require a new stadium layout, without the track, but I think it's totally doable.
SFASawmillGuy
24k+ in Homer Bryce stadium has happened before.
That being said it'll probably have to be an FCS semifinal game for us to ever see anything close to that kind of crowd ever again.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

How do we get to 20k per game? I think it'd require a new stadium layout, without the track, but I think it's totally doable.

Yes you will have to make the "fan experience" off the charts.. Getting the fan closer to the action definitely does this. Track will have to go.. Then there would have to be some hook to pull the student in to the game rather it be dollar dogs or even serve beer at the game.. Put a great product on the field like Those top dogs and there is no reason to believe we couldn't put 20K in the stands..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.