Cameron Mack

12,442 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nacluth
ljax1979
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cameron Mack is not listed on the roster for Hutchinson JC ... the saga continues?
SFASawmillGuy
He's never going to play anywhere until his and his mother's attitude changes.
INiedrauer
Staff
Was he before? May not be updated.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

ljax1979
Talked with a friend in Hutchinson...seems like he is now going to sit out the entirety of this season.
SFASawmillGuy
I checked both Cam and his mother's twitters to see if they posted anything to give light in this and found nothing like that. But I did find that his mom unsurprisingly is a fan of Lavar Ball.
No-look
I wish the best for Cam and his mom.
PurpleForever
I believe the plan was to sit out this season in the first place. No reason to waste eligibility by playing half a season your freshman year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yesterday's news..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ejasper12
There is no saga I am confused..
Cam transferred, why would he come in playing half of the year and waste his eligibility?
That's a no brainer.
Who has an attitude? Coach Keller and I have since communicated a few weeks ago and there are no hard feelings.
Things just didn't work out, that happens in life, on a job, in a relationship, whatever.
You can say this and that but watch how God works in Cams life.
Yes, that is yesterday's news, 2018 is a new year.
#staytuned
corleycl
https://nypost.com/2018/11/19/st-johns-solves-point-guard-problem-with-first-of-2019-recruits/
TallTexan
"An Austin, Texas, native, Mack was initially enrolled at Stephen F. Austin, but left after one semester after not appearing in a game. He said he butted heads with coach Kyle Keller. Before bringing Mack in, Phillips said he spoke to coaches at Stephen F. Austin, and they had nothing negative to say about Mack, other than it just didn't work out."

I'd expect nothing less from Coach K but glad our coaches took the high road.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

"An Austin, Texas, native, Mack was initially enrolled at Stephen F. Austin, but left after one semester after not appearing in a game. He said he butted heads with coach Kyle Keller. Before bringing Mack in, Phillips said he spoke to coaches at Stephen F. Austin, and they had nothing negative to say about Mack, other than it just didn't work out."

I'd expect nothing less from Coach K but glad our coaches took the high road.
Somewhere in there it said something about him liking the "market" in NYC. That tells me that it was all about him marketing himself and never about getting a college education or the desire to help a school or a team to succeed. IMO, he was and still is either a Narcissistic head case or he has been led around his whole life on a leash by someone, probably his father.
Generation II
He's a kid with great talent. He can and should always do what's best for he and his family.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Generation II said:

He's a kid with great talent. He can and should always do what's best for he and his family.
His talent is not what he's lacking.
Generation II
Just don't understand why you would go out of your way to say something negative is all. Thought it was uncalled for.
TallTexan
I wish him well even though it didn't work out. Can't help but think "what if" he had stuck with SFA.

But it's all water under the bridge now, though I'll likely tune into a St John's game next year to see what he looks like at game speed.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Unsure why this thread occasionally is reborn. He is gone, old news, Not part of us. The original purpose of this thread no longer exists.
The thing that kept this thread alive was a former member who used it to malign and complain about Keller. He was booted from this board twice and this thread should be gone with him.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Unsure why this thread occasionally is reborn. He is gone, old news, Not part of us. The original purpose of this thread no longer exists.
The thing that kept this thread alive was a former member who used it to malign and complain about Keller. He was booted from this board twice and this thread should be gone with him.
He just signed with a Big East school, which is what revived it this time.

This thread is kind of like a phoenix, but not nearly as cool.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Understand that Tall, just jaded about this same thread being in two different forums here and the way it was used by a Keller troll. Plus like Ed and others I don't much care where he is now, he is just another mbb player at another school, nothing more.
corleycl
Him signing with a Big East school would, I figured, be of general interest to some. His name is the title of the thread. Nobody is forced to click the thread to see the updates if they don't care to know.
No-look
Wish him well. Hope he matures and does well. But I'm more focused on Comeoux getting well.
sfa17
What was reported on here was that he wanted to red-shirt and then possibly transfer to P5 but the coaches werent not going to allow that (and I wouldn't either)So he was probably never going to play for us to begin with. So we didn't miss out on anything. Both parties are fine now. Sfa wasn't used as a stepping stone and he got his dream school. I think that is a good end to the story
sfa17

SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

Kid has serious talent, but why would anyone bother with the drama they bring. The assistant coach left, so now he wants out?
sfa17
I don't think It's even all his fault.. it's the people around him. He won't get to the nba if he never plays a D1 basketball game.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

I don't think It's even all his fault.. it's the people around him. He won't get to the nba if he never plays a D1 basketball game.
Feels like this to me.

However, I'm sure when coach Keller re-signs him, he'll sort him out.
PurpleOut
Staff
To be fair, St. John's is kind of a dumpster fire right now. As well as Mullin getting fired/leaving a topic of discussion.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

To be fair, St. John's is kind of a dumpster fire right now. As well as Mullin getting fired/leaving a topic of discussion.
Ya I honestly thought they had already fired Mullin. Maybe he'd be a fit wherever Musselman ends up. Mussleman seems to be the transfer king.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
Nebraska fans really going after him on twitter.
TallTexan
Could you really find 4 places more different than each other? From the Pineywoods to Mormon central to NYC to the Plains if he ends up in Nebraska?

I'd like to change my vote. If he decommits this time around, I'm projecting him to Phoenix Suns in June.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Could you really find 4 places more different than each other? From the Pineywoods to Mormon central to NYC to the Plains if he ends up in Nebraska?

I'd like to change my vote. If he decommits this time around, I'm projecting him to Phoenix Suns in June.
Or, professional in Lithuania.
SFAJack_76
Probably not the right guy to be giving this advice.
SFAJack_76
Nebraska
nacluth
Thread has now been cleaned up and locked due to lack of substantive discussion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.