Best PG in the Southland?

3,287 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFAXE93
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
So, this is an interesting discussion. I know we're all high on Cam Mack but let's take him out of this for the sake of unbiased discussion. You have to create a team and can only pick one of these guys to be your point guard. It's the league's deepest position, so who do you take?

Jordan Howard (UCA)
Jalen West (NSU)
Marlain Veal (SLU)
Ehab Amin (A&M-CC)
Jahvaughn Powell (Nich)
Someone else?
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

So, this is an interesting discussion. I know we're all high on Cam Mack but let's take him out of this for the sake of unbiased discussion. You have to create a team and can only pick one of these guys to be your point guard. It's the league's deepest position, so who do you take?

Jordan Howard (UCA)
Jalen West (NSU)
Marlain Veal (SLU)
Ehab Amin (A&M-CC)
Jahvaughn Powell (Nich)
Someone else?
West, assuming his knees don't crumble again.
INiedrauer
Staff
edstile said:

INiedrauer said:

Jordan Howard (UCA)
Jalen West (NSU)
Marlain Veal (SLU)
Ehab Amin (A&M-CC)
Jahvaughn Powell (Nich)
Someone else?
West, assuming his knees don't crumble again.
But assume we can't assume that for the sake of this discussion. He's the best player without question if this is two years ago - but what about right now? Does anyone know he'll even be 60% his former explosiveness?
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah I have a hard time thinking he'll be the same as he was two years ago. He can still shoot, but his quickness has to be different.

I'm going with Amin. Don't care for him a lot, but he's the best overall PG in the league IMO. Best defensive PG and a great scorer. We'll see how he does without Thomas, Martinez and Kocher (almost 40 ppg). They struggled when Thomas was suspended last year.
SFAXE93
G: John Dewey III 6-0; 170 Bronx, New York (Mt. St. Joseph's/ Blinn College) (Jr.)
- PPG:10.0;APG:5.0;RPG:3.5;SPG:1.4;FG:43%;3FG:35.3%;FT%:74%

- All-SLC (3rd Team) 168 Assist
- SLC POW JAN 23: PPG:16.5;APG:6.5 with wins over Lamar and Texas A&M CC
- Played in 34 games; started 32
- Scored 31 points against ACU (hit 6 three pointers)
- 10 Assists against Southern Illinois
- Scored 19 points against SFA
- Scored 21 points against Southern (11 for 11 at the foul line)
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.