Jalan West

3,567 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aquavelvis
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was not aware of this. Perhaps some of you were not either. Northwestern State's Jalan West has been granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA, which will be his 7th year in college. He will be 24 when the season starts this Fall.

It will be interesting to see what kind of year he will have after having two ACL surgeries and missing two seasons of play.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah was announced quite a while ago. I'm a big fan of West, especially with what he's gone through. But a 7th year is pretty ridiculous to me. I don't care about it being a player from a rival school, just doesn't seem necessary. When does it end? I'm happy he's able to recover again so he can continue his career, but if it's me I don't think I can stay in college another year risking yet another injury. Best of luck to him either way.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Yeah was announced quite a while ago. I'm a big fan of West, especially with what he's gone through. But a 7th year is pretty ridiculous to me. I don't care about it being a player from a rival school, just doesn't seem necessary. When does it end? I'm happy he's able to recover again so he can continue his career, but if it's me I don't think I can stay in college another year risking yet another injury. Best of luck to him either way.
Yeah, I would think that he'd want to get out into the real world and actually start making a living at some point.
TallTexan
7 years? Is he going for a PHD?
BigJack85
He has to make academic progress so at this point he should have or be close to a masters.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
aquavelvis
Seven years of college? What, he was on double-secret probation?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.