Mike Boynton new OSU coach

3,173 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by sfa17
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow happy for Mike

Someone get this man a wiki page
PurpleOut
Staff
Pretty amazing. Happy for him and well deserved. Hope he succeeds.
nacluth
Wow. Great for him. Nice place to get going.
sfa17
official beginning of the underwood coaching tree
Edit: ya he has a wiki page now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Boynton
tangerito
Awesome for Mike. I too was hoping he would have been given the opportunity here. Congrat's Mike. You will do well.
INiedrauer
Staff
I know and respect a lot of people who thought he should have gotten the job at SFA. That said, he's really no more qualified now to be a HC than he was a year ago. I hope he succeeds because he deserves a shot, but I don't think SFA missed anything about him that OSU uncovered. At the end of the day, he has zero HC experience at any level and I guess that makes him the bargain that OSU wanted in Brad before his stock blew up. SFA wanted someone who had recruiting ties in Texas and someone with a lot of experience and neither of those things are really Mike.

We'll know in a year or two if SFA made the right decision. I'm not saying they did or didn't, but this news doesn't really change anything.

Interested to see how this unfolds.
sfa17
Yeah. Only time will tell. Recruiting will be a challenge for Boynton. How many Coaches can say that their first head coaching job was in the BIG12. Love that sfa and underwood is spreading the sfa name all over cbb
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.