NCAA Tournament thread

7,742 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by sfa17
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I have Nova, Arizona, KU and UNC in my Final Four. Kansas > Zona. Dark horse Sweet 16 teams are SMU (Elite 8) Wichita State and Middle Tennessee State.
sfa17
Final four: nova, duke, kansas louisville.
Wichita state getting a 10 seed is riducoulous. they are a top 10 kepom team and ap top 25.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Final four: nova, duke, kansas louisville.
Wichita state getting a 10 seed is riducoulous. they are a top 10 kepom team and ap top 25.
Duke and Villanova are in the same Regional.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kentucky, West Virginia, Duke, KU

KU over Kentucky in the Final
sfa17
meant Duke v Arizona and kansas v Unc
finals : Duke v kansas.
Champ: Kansas
SFA Jack Fanatic
In the Women's NCAA, UCA is matched against UT in the opening round. A 14 seed vs. a 3. Call me crazy, but I'm predicting an upset in that one.
INiedrauer
Staff
I'm not sure who got screwed worse: UCA getting a 14 or Texas having to play that 14.
nacluth
Texas' point guard is a lot like Taylor Ross. If they have the kind of success against her like they did against us, Texas is in for a rude awakening.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Fighting Camels stampede all over Huskies. Another SLC embarrassment. Campbell 98, HBU 79.
SFA Jack Fanatic
After today's OK State - Michigan game, Charles Barkley just said something that makes a lot of sense (believe it or not). He said that if a team has elite guard play, they will advance in this tournament. So true!

Bring on Cameron Mack.
SFA Jack Fanatic
edstile said:

In the Women's NCAA, UCA is matched against UT in the opening round. A 14 seed vs. a 3. Call me crazy, but I'm predicting an upset in that one.
Well, I really blew that one. UT destroys UCA 78-50. The game really wasn't as close as the final score. Too much height. Too much speed. Too much toughness. Huge difference between the SLC and the Big 12.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Adios, Nova! We hardly knew ye.....
PurpleOut
Staff
Well I'm done, I had Nova vs SMU in the Elite 8.
INiedrauer
Staff
Nova was my national champion. Knew that was too obvious.
SFA Jack Fanatic
In watching all of these games in the Big Dance, there's something that's glaringly missing... The dozen or so travel calls in every game that we saw in the SLC. I'm sure it's just coincidence and has nothing to do with the quality of the officials in the SLC though, right?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sami Nieminen's former teammate in Finland, Lauri Markkanen, is a 7"0" freshman at Arizona and is their second-leading scorer, averaging 15.7 ppg this year, including hitting 50% of his FG's, 83% of his FT's, and 43% of his threes.

It would be nice if Sami could approach some of those numbers in the next three years.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Baylor women beat Texas Southern 119-30, the most lopsided win ever in the NCAA Tournament. The 89-point margin broke the previous record 74-point win by Tennessee over North Carolina A&T (111-37) in 1994.

Baylor's 119 points were the most ever scored in regulation of a women's NCAA Tournament game, surpassing the previous record of 116. Ohio State scored 116 in a 1998 game, and UConn matched that twice, including earlier today.
sfa17
edstile said:

The Baylor women beat Texas Southern 119-30, the most lopsided win ever in the NCAA Tournament. The 79-point margin broke the previous record 74-point win by Tennessee over North Carolina A&T (111-37) in 1994.

that is what happens when ur best players don't go pro and they all stay for 4 years. Men cbb isnt perfect but it is much more even than women.
SFA Jack Fanatic
AMCC beats Weber State 82-73 in the 2nd round of the CIT. Thomas had 29 and Amin had 25. No other Islanders were in double figures. Must be nice to play all playoff games at home.
sfa17
Vcu just lost their 4th Coach in row to power 5 school. (Ou, Bama, Texas, LSU) Will wade to LSU. Only lasted 2 years. Life of a mid major school. Sigh

He had a top 25 recruiting class coming at VCU

Edit: didn't want create another thread for 1 comment
SFA Jack Fanatic
AMCC (22-11) must be paying some big bucks to host CIT games. They'll host ther third straight playoff game against Ft. Wayne (20-12) in the Quarterfinals on Sunday at 2:00 p.m.

Meanwhile, Texas State (22-13) will also host their third straight game against St. Peter's (20-13) on Saturday.
PurpleOut
Staff
Meant to post earlier, the Sweet 16 games last night were unbelievable. KU looks unstoppable.

Also UK/UCLA looks like a good one right now.

College basketball is the best.
INiedrauer
Staff
How about this Wisconsin/Florida game though...
PurpleOut
Staff

sfa17
Amazing final shot by Florida. I have to root for gonzaga now to make the final four so people and pundits can't finally shut up about them never making one.
Great month for Cbb.The hires and fires plus great games.
SFA Jack Fanatic
What? A bunch of Peacocks over a bunch of Bobcats? Yep. St. Peter's over Texas State 49-44.
SFA Jack Fanatic
AMCC 78, Fort Wayne 62
sfa17

Man, not a lot of round of 64 upset but the tournament has made up for that.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Most Final Four appearances:

North Carolina - 20
Kentucky - 17
UCLA - 17
Duke - 16
SFA - Got some catchin' up to do, so let's get started!
sfa17
Did u guys know that vcu put a home and home Series in their coaches buyout contract. So they will start a home and home against Texas next season and eventually LSU. That's awesome. We should do something like that. Just in case to help out our non conference schedule
SFA Jack Fanatic
AMCC 79, UMBC 61

AMCC will host the CIT final against either Furman or Saint Peter's this Friday at 8:00 p.m.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hate basketball games in football stadiums.

SFA88
Purple are you at UoP?
PurpleOut
Staff
Not sure what that means.
sfa17
Zags in the final. I wonder whether athletics success help the image on the university? we could be looking at design for our new basketball practice gym right now. #neverforget
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.