NCAA FOOTBALL 2024

924 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Bobby Petrino interested in the OC job at Arkansas.

He will not return to A&M for 2024.
TallTexan
GJ Kinney gets a TX St contract extension. 1 mil per year base salary.
SFAXE93
82-year old Jerry Glanville has been named the defensive coordinator at Northwestern Oklahoma State (Division II)

SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

82-year old Jerry Glanville has been named the defensive coordinator at Northwestern Oklahoma State (Division II)

Man…if that's not a "I'm going to do this job til I die" mentality idk what is. Can't imagine he needs money. He was an NFL head coach for almost 10 years(a successful one at that, 4 playoff appearances in 8 seasons), a D1 head coach, a semi pro head coach, a NASCAR driver for 8 years, and now a D2 assistant.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Wow! 82 years old and still coaching college football. If he's physically capable of pulling it off, then good for him. He has to have a ton of knowledge in that head of his.
SFAXE93
My Dad is 82 years old and still works as a CPA, in Daingerfield, he was County auditor for Morris County for over 25 years, but now just does his own practice and my mother who is 78 runs the office in town.

Crunching the numbers keeps his mind young he says. (I think he has the fear of retiring and not knowing what to do with himself as he has been an account since the 1960s.)

He plays tennis every Monday in Longview with 50 year olds, after two knee replacements as well and out lived his two younger brothers.
SFAXE93
Pretty much

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
I've said it before and I'll say it again. NIL and the transfer portal are destroying the college athletics we've loved for decades. For me, it has always been an escape from the greed and lack of school and team loyalty that has existed in pro sports. Now we have the same things at the college level. What's next? High school athletics?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Earlier this spring, the NCAA rules committee proposed revamped technology rules for the 2024 season that include coach-to-player communications through the helmit of one player on the field. The proposal must be approved by the NCAA's playing rules oversight panel, which is scheduled to discuss football proposals Thursday. That panel typically rubberstamps proposals from the rules committee.

Wonder if SFA will jump on this technology this Fall.
SFA Jack Fanatic
UIW leads all non-FBS schools with 9 players who could possibly receive a call during or after the NFL draft this week. A&M Commerce is 2nd with 6.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.