2022 NCAA FOOTBALL

16,506 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Longview's Haynes King returns after 2021 season ending injury to be named the starter for the Aggies.

https://sports.yahoo.com/haynes-king-named-texas-m-213817657.html
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm devastated. A&M only beat Prison Tech 31-0. I wanted 70!!!
SFAXE93
Really telling of the talent SFA is starting to bring into the program.

Unfortunately they are not staying the full 4 years, but they are staying for a few.

Here is how they did in their first game of the season.

DT: #90 DENNIS OSAGIEDE TKL:5;TFL:1.0 (Starting DT at Liberty) Defeated Southern Miss.
DT: #90 CALEB FOX TKL:2;QBH:1 (Starting DT at TCU) Defeated Colorado
DB: #22 WILLIE ROBERTS TKL:2 (Starting DB at Louisiana Tech) Lost to Missouri
DB: #13 MYLES BROOKS No stats recorded (Starting DB at Louisiana Tech) Lost to Missouri
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Really telling of the talent SFA is starting to bring into the program.

Unfortunately they are not staying the full 4 years, but they are staying for a few.

Here is how they did in their first game of the season.

DT: #90 DENNIS OSAGIEDE TKL:5;TFL:1.0 (Starting DT at Liberty) Defeated Southern Miss.
DT: #90 CALEB FOX TKL:2;QBH:1 (Starting DT at TCU) Defeated Colorado
DB: #22 WILLIE ROBERTS TKL:2 (Starting DB at Louisiana Tech) Lost to Missouri
DB: #13 MYLES BROOKS No stats recorded (Starting DB at Louisiana Tech) Lost to Missouri
Now do the starters at SFA that transferred in.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
It must have been the system...

UIW put up 550 total yards, including 451 passing, against #9 ranked Southern Illinois. This was despite losing their coach and fantastic QB Cam Ward from last year. Their new QB, Lindsey Scott, threw six TD's.

I'm confused and rather mad that a little school like UIW can have an offense like that while ours looks anything but powerful in our first two games.

It is impossible to implement a new offense in mid-season, but something has got to change, either the offense, the play caller, or the offensive coordinator (if different), at some point.
SFAXE93
Yes, but that's not just any new QB. that's Lindsey Scott, in his 7th season.

You'll remember he was the starting QB at Nicholls, and has had a great career, he is a gamer.

- 2015 Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior
- 3-star recruit out of high school, signed with LSU, did not play
- Went JUCO at East Mississippi CC (Won the 2017 JUCO National Championship 11-1 starting every game)
He had 4,210 total yards of offense and 35 TDs that season. Had three 400+ yard passing games.
- #1 JUCO QB; #39 Player in the nation
- Signed with Missouri in 2018, did not play
- Transferred to Nicholls in 2019, had to sit out for transfer rules
- 2021 Spring Season Started at Nicholls 2,241 yards for the season 18 TDs (320 a game)
- 2021 CFPA FCS National Performer of the Year

- Ranks 6th all-times passing yards at Nicholls with 3,767 in 18 games
- Led the SLC in rushing yards 990 in 2021
- Set a single game record for total offense with 480 yards against Louisiana in 2021.
- Tied program single-game record for passing TDs with 5 against UIW.
- Tied program single-game record twice with 6 TDs responsible.

And UIW head coach G.J. Kinne has a great offensive mind, and is a QB coach, with his stop at UCF where the offense had over 400 yards a game while he was OC.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Based on this, Trey Self needs to grow a 'stache.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Yes, but that's not just any new QB. that's Lindsey Scott, in his 7th season.

You'll remember he was the starting QB at Nicholls, and has had a great career, he is a gamer.

- 2015 Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior
- 3-star recruit out of high school, signed with LSU, did not play
- Went JUCO at East Mississippi CC (Won the 2017 JUCO National Championship 11-1 starting every game)
He had 4,210 total yards of offense and 35 TDs that season. Had three 400+ yard passing games.
- #1 JUCO QB; #39 Player in the nation
- Signed with Missouri in 2018, did not play
- Transferred to Nicholls in 2019, had to sit out for transfer rules
- 2021 Spring Season Started at Nicholls 2,241 yards for the season 18 TDs (320 a game)
- 2021 CFPA FCS National Performer of the Year

- Ranks 6th all-times passing yards at Nicholls with 3,767 in 18 games
- Led the SLC in rushing yards 990 in 2021
- Set a single game record for total offense with 480 yards against Louisiana in 2021.
- Tied program single-game record for passing TDs with 5 against UIW.
- Tied program single-game record twice with 6 TDs responsible.

And UIW head coach G.J. Kinne has a great offensive mind, and is a QB coach, with his stop at UCF where the offense had over 400 yards a game while he was OC.

Thanks, 93. I forgot about that little fact.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

It must have been the system...

UIW put up 550 total yards, including 451 passing, against #9 ranked Southern Illinois. This was despite losing their coach and fantastic QB Cam Ward from last year. Their new QB, Lindsey Scott, threw six TD's.

I'm confused and rather mad that a little school like UIW can have an offense like that while ours looks anything but powerful in our first two games.

It is impossible to implement a new offense in mid-season, but something has got to change, either the offense, the play caller, or the offensive coordinator (if different), at some point.

It is the system but remember we had that exact same system under JC Harper. We put up historic passing numbers every year but that offense has a major drawback. Even the conference championship years when we had phenomenal defenses, We struggled heavily in the postseason.

That offense doesn't win championships. It can easily dismantle teams with less talent. But against good defenses every team to try that style crumbles.

I would hate to see us go back to that style.
SFAXE93
We could never beat Texas State back then.

Even in 2009 and 2010 we could not beat Texas State.

We were at home in 2010 and we were in first place and they were in last, having their worse year while we were having one of our best, we were up 24-0 in the 4th quarter and they still won 27-24.

That's what I remember from those years.

Yes, you have to have defense to win championships.
SFASawmillGuy
That offense is detrimental to defenses though. Drives generally don't last long at all, so defenses are forced to stay on the field for a longer period of time.
There's a reason we went from literally the worst defense in all of college football in 2013 to having a respectable one in 2014 when he who shall not be named slowed our offense down a lot.
Good teams compliment themselves by helping themselves out.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

We could never beat Texas State back then.

Even in 2009 and 2010 we could not beat Texas State.

We were at home in 2010 and we were in first place and they were in last, having their worse year while we were having one of our best, we were up 24-0 in the 4th quarter and they still won 27-24.

That's what I remember from those years.

Yes, you have to have defense to win championships.

I was at that game in 2010. To make matters worse, I think it was homecoming, too. That loss was as bitter as losses to Prison Tech do. (Well, almost...)
Ljacks&Longnecks
So How Much is A&M paying Fisher to lose to guys like App St.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

So How Much is A&M paying Fisher to lose to guys like App St.

And how much did A&M pay App State to come to College Station and beat them? Ha!
SFAXE93
$1.5 million
SFAJack_76
Lumberjacks 10
Sam 3

In front of 7,117 at home for the future FBS team.

(Part of my search for good news yesterday. The game in CS made me chuckle also.)
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

Lumberjacks 10
Sam 3

In front of 7,117 at home for the future FBS team.

(Part of my search for good news yesterday. The game in CS made me chuckle also.)

It would be nice to see that same headline later in the year.

It is very surprising. The last time NAU finished above .500 was 2017. Maybe those other Lumberjacks will put it together this year but I doubt it.
SFAXE93
Imagine being a prison tech and a Dallas Cowboy's fan.

You're still waiting for your first TD of the season.
SFASawmillGuy
Maybe, but watching Sam the past 2 weeks they have some glaring issues on offense. Namely on the offensive line and at the QB position. I'm sure by the time we play them we'll see Shoemaker again.
It looks like their luck of having dominant QBs and unstoppable receivers may finally have run out. It would've been nice if that streak didn't last a decade.
SFASawmillGuy
NDSU showing once again they are the gold standard of FCS football. About to get their 10th FBS win out of 13 attempts.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFASawmillGuy said:

NDSU showing once again they are the gold standard of FCS football. About to get their 10th FBS win out of 13 attempts.
Arizona scores late to win 31-28. NDSU had won six straight over FBS schools. NDSU was paid $425,000 to play at Arizona. There were about 10,000 NDSU fans at the game.

How the game came about is interesting. The game was a result of an auction held by Arizona in 2017. Since NDSU was trying to find any FBS school that would play them, they put in a low bid for the game and got it.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

Arizona scores late to win 31-28. NDSU had won six straight over FBS schools. NDSU was paid $425,000 to play at Arizona. There were about 10,000 NDSU fans at the game.

How the game came about is interesting. The game was a result of an auction held by Arizona in 2017. Since NDSU was trying to find any FBS school that would play them, they put in a low bid for the game and got it.

NDSU's dominance is really impressive. They've only been D1 for 19 years and have been by and far the most successful FCS program in history. I know there's legit reasons they can't move to the FBS but if any team could do it and have immediate success it would be them.
SFAXE93
Northwestern getting a new $800 million dollar stadium seating 35,000 which is 12,000 less than their current stadium.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Deep pockets....
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Deep pockets....
$800 million project. Privately funded by billionaire, Pat Ryan. Made his money in insurance.
SFAXE93
That's just what SFA needs, a billionaire.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

We have one, at least. He has a set of personal challenges going on right now.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Northwestern getting a new $800 million dollar stadium seating 35,000 which is 12,000 less than their current stadium.

It's a pretty stadium but it's wild to me that it would cost 800 mil for a 35k seat stadium.

NDSU's new practice facility cost 50 mil and it's a literal barn with turf.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

I'm doing my best but I was tricked into govt work after I graduated.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Not a fan either way of TCU or OU but saw an article that TCU sat the OU band way up in the nosebleed sections for Saturday's game. Seems awfully tacky to me but perhaps more common than I know. Any game I've ever watched bands are seated in the lower levels. Any other examples of putting another schools band out of play?
SFASawmillGuy
When we played TCU in 2015 they did the exact same thing to us. Our band had to sit in the nosebleeds.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Not a fan either way of TCU or OU but saw an article that TCU sat the OU band way up in the nosebleed sections for Saturday's game. Seems awfully tacky to me but perhaps more common than I know. Any game I've ever watched bands are seated in the lower levels. Any other examples of putting another schools band out of play?
Not as uncommon as you think. UT, and others, do the same. Saves better seats for their supporters.
SFAXE93

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.