2020-2021 Commissioner's Cup

2,871 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAXE93
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Deserves a thread. Because we dominated.

With just baseball remaining to be tallied (I believe), we have a 165-139 lead over Sam Houston.

6 out of the last 11 for us.
PurpleOut
Staff
Our women have 110 points. For reference, there are 8 Southland schools who have fewer points for Men's and Women's COMBINED.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Our women have 110 points. For reference, there are 8 Southland schools who have fewer points for Men's and Women's COMBINED.

Yet most on this forum only pay attention to the women if they win, or lose, a championship. How many have been to any women's sporting event other than basketball? How many can name more than one or two softball, soccer, volleyball, bowling, or tennis players? You don't have to be in Nacogdoches to support them. They play all over Texas.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

Yet most on this forum only pay attention to the women if they win, or lose, a championship. How many have been to any women's sporting event other than basketball? How many can name more than one or two softball, soccer, volleyball, bowling, or tennis players? You don't have to be in Nacogdoches to support them. They play all over Texas.
I got to go watch the Ladyjacks win the NCAA championship in bowling when it was in Cleveland 2 years ago. It was awesome!!!
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

#truth

"Siri, play Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce"

Women sports consistently have less spectators and fan support, yet they are pretty much carrying us as an athletic department. Women 1000% belong in sports. And they deserve recognition and support. I could not be prouder of the way our women athletes rep SFA.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

#truth

"Siri, play Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce"

Women sports consistently have less spectators and fan support, yet they are pretty much carrying us as an athletic department. Women 1000% belong in sports. And they deserve recognition and support. I could not be prouder of the way our women athletes rep SFA.

Incredibly fun games to watch too. Our women's soccer te is the only reason I watch soccer at all. They got me into it.

And great academically. Consistently getting degrees and high GPAs.

I'd love to see SFA build the Ladyjacks basketball brand specifically by alternating who the "premier" game of the double header is.
TallTexan
It really is amazing how much the Southland is losing of it's winningest programs though.

SFA/SAM/ACU are top tier. UCA is competitive and top 3 in a few sports.

The conference is decimated.

Glad to see SFA leaving this cut rate popsicle stand as top Athletic Department.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

It really is amazing how much the Southland is losing of it's winningest programs though.

SFA/SAM/ACU are top tier. UCA is competitive and top 3 in a few sports.

The conference is decimated.

Glad to see SFA leaving this cut rate popsicle stand as top Athletic Department.
popsicle stand.... or as I like to pronounce it, trash can.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The guy who covers Lamar athletics for the Beaumont Enterprise said a couple of days ago that "no one cares about the Commissioners Cup". Lamar has been a bottom dweller in almost all sports for how many years now? With that guy's background of covering Lamar, his comment makes perfect sense.
SFAXE93
I notice a pattern of nobody cares about it, when they aren't winning it.
SFAXE93

SFA kicked A** this season, and is the #1 overall sports program once again in the SLC.

Axe'Em

Pilotgirl
Ah-ma-zing!
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
State of Texas Director's Cup Standings

1. Texas - 1449.5
24. Texas A&M - 784.75
38. Texas Tech - 622
40. TCU - 564.5
45. Baylor - 522
83. Sam Houston - 236.5
89. SMU - 209.5
93. SFA - 204
99. Houston - 189
102. Rice - 179.5
133. Texas State - 123
169. UNT - 91.5
174. UTSA - 88
175. UIW - 86
185. ACU - 81.5
186. TAMU-CC - 80
199. UT-Arlington - 72
217. PV-A&M - 55
253. UTEP - 33.5
256. Texas Southern - 30
282. Lamar - 29
284. Dallas Baptist - 25
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

1. Texas - 1449.5
24. Texas A&M - 784.75
38. Texas Tech - 622
40. TCU - 564.5
45. Baylor - 522
83. Sam Houston - 236.5
89. SMU - 209.5
93. SFA - 204
99. Houston - 189
102. Rice - 179.5
133. Texas State - 123
169. UNT - 91.5
174. UTSA - 88
175. UIW - 86
185. ACU - 81.5
186. TAMU-CC - 80
199. UT-Arlington - 72
217. PV-A&M - 55
253. UTEP - 33.5
256. Texas Southern - 30
282. Lamar - 29
284. Dallas Baptist - 25
Ahead of UH and several others. Not too shabby.

BTW, anyone still wondering why Lamar hit the WAC exit door so quickly??
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

1. Texas - 1449.5
24. Texas A&M - 784.75
38. Texas Tech - 622
40. TCU - 564.5
45. Baylor - 522
83. Sam Houston - 236.5
89. SMU - 209.5
93. SFA - 204
99. Houston - 189
102. Rice - 179.5
133. Texas State - 123
169. UNT - 91.5
174. UTSA - 88
175. UIW - 86
185. ACU - 81.5
186. TAMU-CC - 80
199. UT-Arlington - 72
217. PV-A&M - 55
253. UTEP - 33.5
256. Texas Southern - 30
282. Lamar - 29
284. Dallas Baptist - 25

How is this calculated? I guess I'm asking , how much does bowling help us? Probably a bunch.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BTW, anyone still wondering why Lamar hit the WAC exit door so quickly??
I think the 29 points just edging out DBU speak for themselves. Their sports program is a wreck and as one of the worst programs in America they should never have come to the WAC to begin with. They are the bottom of the Southland but at least the middle ground isn't so far up there as it is in the WAC.
SFAXE93
Makes you wonder why they were invited to the WAC in the first place.

Must have been for their Cross Country.
SFASawmillGuy
It's the money and the facilities that helped them. They have a really good football stadium that could easily be expanded to meet the original WAC to the FBS goal and their basketball stadium is massive. The issue is despite having so many things that should help them be really good in all sports, they have little to no student support and haven't done a good job putting together winning coaching staffs.
I'd like to see them become competitive, but in the WAC it isn't happening.
SFAXE93
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.