McNeese

1,588 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting article about McNeese moving towards a more aggressive fundraising stance. Lots of FBS talk in Lake Charles. I've said it before , worth repeating. McNeese is the ideal partner for that 7th slot in the Southwest division. They have the horsepower, simple haven't harnessed it.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Interesting article about McNeese moving towards a more aggressive fundraising stance. Lots of FBS talk in Lake Charles. I've said it before , worth repeating. McNeese is the ideal partner for that 7th slot in the Southwest division. They have the horsepower, simple haven't harnessed it.

They do a heck of a job for the money they do spend.

I'd they committed to getting to a 17 mil budget, I'd love to have them.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

They do a heck of a job for the money they do spend.

I'd they committed to getting to a 17 mil budget, I'd love to have them.

I'm sure they could/would. Part of the problem with the SLC is the $0 media rights. Listened to the outstanding podcast "PartinmeAlex" with guest Ryan Ivey. He stated the WAC has some sort of minor payout. It isn't much, but it's a start. McNeese and Lake Charles would be up about $20 million in 2-3 years guaranteed. What do you get for that : 1) built in FBS football history (70's and early 80's). 2) quality and traveling fan base. 3) decent basketball facility (once it's rebuilt) 4) solid all-around athletics program. 5) a real airport. I've flown into LC , not big but does have some service. Need I go on? Compare all of that to a potential West Texas resume. West Texas is no slouch but when I add up all the positives for McNeese it's a no-brainer
TallTexan
Oh McNeese is definitely great because it pulls in an extra state.

And they're a solid program with good fan support. I'd rather take a flyer on them or PVAMU/TSU being able to play and compete than another D2 school or UIW.

You go to the D2 well enough and eventually you're gonna miss. McNeese has built a good enough program and is close enough to the Texas schools to make it much less risky if they're willing to spend like the SFA/SAM
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.