2020-2021 NCAA Softball

1,554 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
North Texas pitcher Hope Trautwein made history in a game against Arkansas - Pine Bluff this past Sunday.
She became the first pitcher in Division I history to throw a seven-inning perfect game in which she registered all 21 outs by strikeout. Trautwein's final line was 7.0 IP, 0 hits, 0 walks, 21 batters faced, 21 strikeouts.

Of course, she was pitching against Arkansas - Pine Bluff, which has a 1-19 record. So there is that....
SFA Jack Fanatic
The NCAA Division I Softball Committee has selected 20 sites for preliminary round games for the D-I Championship. The five sites closest to us are Texas, Arkansas, LSU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. Most likely, our Ladyjacks will be sent to one of those sites after they win the SLC Tournament. (And they WILL win the SLC Tournament!)

16 of those sites will host regional round games, and 8 of those regional sites will host super regionals.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Not surprisingly, LSU drubbed McNeese in the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional 10-2 yesterday.

WAC conference tournament winner Seattle lost to Michigan 2-0 in the Seattle Regional.
SFAJack_76
Not surprisingly, McNeese run ruled George Washington 12-0 in five innings in an elimination game.
SFAXE93
Would have been nice to see what the Ladyjacks could have done, but it is what it is, and on to next season.
SFAJack_76
McNeese eliminated by ULL 4-0.

After beating Portland State, Seattle was eliminated by Washington.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.