New SWAC Members

2,345 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bethune-Cookman has agreed to leave the MEAC and join the SWAC in 2021. Florida A&M had joined the SWAC earlier this month. The two Florida schools will bring the number of SWAC schools to 12.

The changes will also help Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M's athletics budgets because, being the farthest west schools in the conference, they won't have to travel to the east portion of the conference as much, since each conference school will not have to play every other conference school every year as they do now.
BigJack85
The realignment is frankly one of the more sensible ones in years. I mean this WAC configuration is going to bust some budgets..... Tarleton for starters.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

The realignment is frankly one of the more sensible ones in years. I mean this WAC configuration is going to bust some budgets..... Tarleton for starters.

Agreed about the WAC and Tarleton. I think the bigwigs at Tarleton didn't think things through before making this jump. As the old saying goes, their eyes were bigger than their stomach.
TallTexan
I'm consistently impressed with the SWAC attendance numbers.

I wouldn't mind getting a home & home going with Grambling, I'd really like to see their band.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.