Reviewing the Quality of Work of Football Referees

2,332 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The SEC has hired an accounting firm, Deloitte, to conduct a review of its football officiating, reacting in part to what SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey called the intense, often opinionated view of referees by the public and media. Supposedly, they are looking for better ways to communicate with the public about the overall quality of work done by referees.

OK, but an accounting firm to review football referees??? I thought accounting firms were bean counters. Educate me, SFA accounting grads.
nacluth
Your brother-in-law who runs his "accounting firm" from his couch isn't doing this, but huge firms like Deloitte specialize in statistics as well. They are used to doing huge surveys for big business that can basically be on any parameters. Crunching numbers and stats have been the realm of nerds with pocket protectors no matter what they are called.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Your brother-in-law who runs his "accounting firm" from his couch isn't doing this, but huge firms like Deloitte specialize in statistics as well.
Pretty sure the Southland is going to hire Ed's Brother in law.
TallTexan
And I think you're right Nacluth. They're not going to send in their tax accounting team, but a team of management consultants & statisticians to figure out how to quantify it.

To me, outside of taking the numbers on quality & putting in a more regimented training program, the issues aren't going to get fixed, they're just going to get better PR for refs.

But if they look at the data & then figure out how to better train officials, that'd be great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.