2018-2019 Commisioner's Cup

8,487 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ladyjacks are doing their part.
nacluth
Lamar has to be the odds on favorite this year. Maybe softball and baseball and track can tighten it up, but we're going to be back by 10 points soon.
PurpleOut
Staff
Softball will probably give us some points that we haven't been used to in previous years, but don't think we can count on baseball just yet. And, unfortunately, Men's Basketball won't get us what we need.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
The cup is pretty much out of reach for us this year. We could half our deficit and get to third...even second ahead of Sam if things broke really well here out. But catching Lamar would mean a total collapse for them in track - which is not likely.
Pilotgirl
Where did we finish last year?
nacluth
Second behind Sam Houston (-5.5 pts.). We won the three previous years to that.
Pilotgirl
I remember winning but couldn't remember when or how many times (in recent years)
TallTexan
I'd really like to get back to winning this every year.
BigJack85
Looks like a third place finish.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks win. Lumberjacks ... wait until next year, I suppose.
nacluth
Women basically doubled up the men.
BigJack85
The delta between SFA in baseball vs ACU in baseball should have us finishing in 3rd. I believe. If football and basketball finish closer to where they have been we probably finish 1st or 2nd.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

The delta between SFA in baseball vs ACU in baseball should have us finishing in 3rd. I believe. If football and basketball finish closer to where they have been we probably finish 1st or 2nd.
That is what it looks like to me also. With the caveat that baseball needs to win some games starting tomorrow.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

That is what it looks like to me also. With the caveat that baseball needs to win some games starting tomorrow.

Ya. With 6 games left I'd say they need to go .500 at minimum. Taking 4 out of 6 probably secures a 3rd place finish in the commissioners cup.
BigJack85
Looks like a second place finish. Considering the depths of football and MBB that's an accomplishment.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Looks like a second place finish. Considering the depths of football and MBB that's an accomplishment.
Always disappointing to not win, but considering those two train wrecks, not a bad first year for Mr. Ivey and team. Really good chance of being back on top in 2019-2020. Since the Ladyjacks are such a strength, does adding beach volleyball make them even better?
nacluth
It's doubtful beach volleyball will be considered a Commissioner's Cup sport until more teams in the SLC play...like bowling.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Always disappointing to not win, but considering those two train wrecks, not a bad first year for Mr. Ivey and team. Really good chance of being back on top in 2019-2020. Since the Ladyjacks are such a strength, does adding beach volleyball make them even better?

True, Nacluth. SFA Bowling -- that would be the NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPION SFA BOWLING - does not even count in the women's standings!
BigJack85
nacluth said:

It's doubtful beach volleyball will be considered a Commissioner's Cup sport until more teams in the SLC play...like bowling.

With SFA, Sam and Lamar starting I believe that brings the total to 7? ACU, A&MCC, UNO, and HBU already programs I believe... not 100% sure.
nacluth
Yeah it will be interesting. I think right now they are still trying to get the Southland league going as other teams have been playing in other leagues. Men's Tennis is the fewest teams in the Cup with 6; Women's Golf is 8. So it could be soon.
BigJack85
Not official but the read I saw when I googled Southland Beach Volleyball came up with a an article on UNO Beach Volleyball. It made it sound like conference sponsorship is coming 2019/2020. My guess is that we will be competitive very quickly.
SFAJack_76
I can't find it, but I know I read that there would be an SLC conference championship starting in 2020. I would think that would mean it would be a part of the Commissioner's Cup.
SFAJack_76
Just slipped past Lamar for second. Way to go baseball!
Pilotgirl
#AxeEm
PurpleOut
Staff
Crazy that we were able to finish second, with such a terrible year overall from the Men.
BigJack85
Surprisingly better than expected. Axe 'Em Jacks!
Pilotgirl
Who runs the world?
Girls Girls.

Ummm so yup, our GIRLS ARE BEAST
SFAJack_76
Six straight for the women.
Pilotgirl
VERY IMPRESSIVE!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Who runs the world?
Girls Girls.

Wait... What???
Pilotgirl
It's a Beyonce song....and girls definitely running this Commissioner's Cup for SFA!
No-look
Sweet!
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.