Lamar has a problem

3,083 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had not heard about this until I came across this story.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Lamar-Firing-softball-coaches-was-appropriate-13004568.php
TallTexan
That's interesting. I wonder what they actually fired them for?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I had not heard about this until I came across this story.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Lamar-Firing-softball-coaches-was-appropriate-13004568.php
Wow. Guess we're not the only school with Drama 101 class in session.
PurpleForever
I guess i should have posted all these articles when it happened a few weeks ago but didn't think about it. When its not SFA related i forget to post it here.

A few important things to know about this situation:
The head coach and first assistant are married so thats why they were both put on leave.
Since their firing, Lamar players are trying to leave at an alarming rate.
Most players were highly loyal to those coaches, but that does not always mean it was for the best reasons.
After all the stuff about one of the players faith being violated, allegations came that she bought alcohol for the players. Also was stated that there were pictures of her drinking with the players.
SFAJack_76
They got a new coach.

TallTexan
PurpleForever said:

I guess i should have posted all these articles when it happened a few weeks ago but didn't think about it. When its not SFA related i forget to post it here.

A few important things to know about this situation:
The head coach and first assistant are married so thats why they were both put on leave.
Since their firing, Lamar players are trying to leave at an alarming rate.
Most players were highly loyal to those coaches, but that does not always mean it was for the best reasons.
After all the stuff about one of the players faith being violated, allegations came that she bought alcohol for the players. Also was stated that there were pictures of her drinking with the players.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like LU is confident they'll win any case that's brought up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.