Basketball Programs

6,942 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and what they spend a year.

Duke tops the list with $19.5 million and $34 million in revenue

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/6/11/17441968/ncaa-revenue-expense-statistics-college-basketball-2016-gonzaga-mid-major
SFAJack_76
Yikes.

SFAXE93
Wow!
nacluth
Underwood better bring it. They are dumping money into basketball. Unfortunately that's going to put him on a shorter leash. Ending below 10th in the Big 10 is no bueno.
SFAJack_76
Almost all coaches have a short leash. I wonder how short Underwood's is?

nacluth
He can't have more success at SFA and OKST and have two years in the pit. Cannot finish under 10 teams this year. I'm not saying that's an immediate fire, but it means that anything negative at that point means he's gone. Steady improvement means he stays for a long time - which I think he will.
TallTexan
I think what he needs is a home & home in Nac to really help his team see what success looks like.

But dang is Illinois spending a lot of money on Basketball.
SFA Jack Fanatic
If my math doesn't fail me, that works out to $1,250,000 per player (assuming both men and women are to be included in this new swankienda). Not surprised really, since the State of Illinois as a whole has never had a problem spending their working class taxpayers' money on non-producers.
TallTexan
By the powers of eminent domain, we ought to be able to claim PrisonTech's basketball budget as abandoned, right?

Where's our Lumberjack lawyers to sort this out?
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85
It would be really beneficial if we didn't have to take a portion of the proceeds. I don't know exactly how it works but when I sent an email to Tom Burnett it sounded a lot like we got 1/13 th of the total. Someone please prove me wrong!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
That should be correct. The total sum is split among all conference members. There's obviously a lot more that comes from the exposure, but in monetary terms, the actual $ given to teams for winning games is split across the conferences. I like that it's split, but I don't agree that said team should get the same share.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

That should be correct. The total sum is split among all conference members. There's obviously a lot more that comes from the exposure, but in monetary terms, the actual $ given to teams for winning games is split across the conferences. I like that it's split, but I don't agree that said team should get the same share.
Maybe we could base it on the historical average. Conference splits the first game, a representative team gets all totals after that if they keep on winning? Sound fair to me, I think our Elite 8 team this year will be kind to our budget.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Maybe we could base it on the historical average. Conference splits the first game, a representative team gets all totals after that if they keep on winning? Sound fair to me, I think our Elite 8 team this year will be kind to our budget.
Elite 8? Are you kidding me?? FINAL FOUR!
Pilotgirl

Memories....don't think i will ever be over thar Notre Dame loss...is that sad or what?!
TallTexan
I wanted that win so bad. We were so, so close.

But I'm hopeful our future teams will ease the pain of just how close we were to the Sweet 16 that weekend. Nice to be included in this list.
Pilotgirl
True that...and it's been a great ride following them in person & on the screen...even during the rebuilding year...that's what being a true fan is all about
djsfw57
I believe if we had won that game against Notre Dame we would have gone to the Elite Eight.
SFA, Class of 1979
PurpleOut
Staff
djsfw57 said:

I believe if we had won that game against Notre Dame we would have gone to the Elite Eight.
Agreed. I think we would have smoked Wisconsin that year. It's part of what makes it so much harder for me.
Pilotgirl
One day....we are gonna make it!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.