Nevada Basketball

5,797 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Both Martin twins just announced they are coming back to school. They'll probably be a top 5 team and have a shocking lineup. As well as a roster issue, now 2 over the limit and almost all guys that have transferred.

Nevada's current rotation:

MWC POY (18.9 PPG)
MWC DPOY (14.0)
MWC 1st team (17.7)
MWC All-Def (8.1)
Former 3* (6.9)
Wagner transfer (14.6)
Portland transfer (15.8)
Omaha transfer (13.8)
Bryant transfer (20.3)
ODU transfer (13.2)
TAMUCC transfer (16.9)
5* McDonald's All-American
sfa17
I wouldn't mind getting Ehab amin from a&m cc. Was injured last season but he avg 16.9 point the previous year ,3.4 steals, 6.6 rebounds. Graduate transfer that would play right away. Probably a long shot
nacluth
My buddy from Reno says the early info has Amin starting for the squad, but I told him there's no way with that ridiculous team he does. He's good and would be a great off the bench player, but I just don't see him being a leader on that roster.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
So, two guys get told they actually don't have scholarships? I hope that no school I care about ever does that. Sure they can find another home (Nicholls still needs several) but what a crummy thing to do to a kid.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

So, two guys get told they actually don't have scholarships? I hope that no school I care about ever does that. Sure they can find another home (Nicholls still needs several) but what a crummy thing to do to a kid.
I wonder if anyone has voluntarily decided not to take a scholarship? That seems unlikely though.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

My buddy from Reno says the early info has Amin starting for the squad, but I told him there's no way with that ridiculous team he does. He's good and would be a great off the bench player, but I just don't see him being a leader on that roster.
Possibly, if Amin is fully healthy he's one of the best defenders and overall PGs in the country in my opinion. Also, Nevada lost their starting PG to a torn achilles fairly late last season. I'm not a doctor but I'd assume he wont be 100% to go when practice starts.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

As well as a roster issue, now 2 over the limit and almost all guys that have transferred.

Something's just not right about this situation. Could Nevada (or any other school in such a situation, for that matter) give two of them academic scholarships to allow them to be eligible, or is that against the rules? I would think that would be, since rich schools could stockpile a couple of dozen players, but who knows?
sfa17
edstile said:

Something's just not right about this situation. Could Nevada (or any other school in such a situation, for that matter) give two of them academic scholarships to allow them to be eligible, or is that against the rules? I would think that would be, since rich schools could stockpile a couple of dozen players, but who knows?
Nevada only has Nevada to blame. the 2 other players will definitely land somewhere else. Nothing is stopping them from going to a different program. Nevada shouldn't be reward for over recruiting.
PurpleOut
Staff
It's a tough game to play. I think everyone assumed the Martin twins were going pro, along with Jordan Caroline. When you play the transfer/grad transfer game, it's hard to wait on recruiting those players since the deadline to remove yourself from the draft is so late. They wouldn't be able to pull Amin and the other guys in June. But now they're in a tough spot, but, just one of those things. A lot of schools over sign. Alabama football is the king of over-signing.
TallTexan
Ehab Amin just re-opened his recruitment.
PurpleOut
Staff
Aaaaand he's gone.
SFAJack_76
This gets them to the scholarship limit. Hall is from Houston although he played his senior year at Genesis Academy in Virginia. 4* recruit. Transferring as a junior. I assume he will have to sit one year.

TallTexan
Have to wonder if this hurts Musselman next cycle.
TallTexan
TallTexan
Amin is headed to Oregon.

nacluth
Nice grab for him!
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Amin is headed to Oregon.

Watching him play right now against Syracuse. Getting a lot of minutes and playing some good ball.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.