2018-2019 College Hoops

5,929 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Might as well get it started, with a lot of transfer and scheduling news.

Say what you want about the UNC program, their continuous scheduling of Mid-Majors is awesome. They start the season AT Wofford and AT Elon. Fairly short trips from Chapel Hill, but still. Not afraid to go on the road to a Mid-Major deserves kudos in my book.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Might as well get it started, with a lot of transfer and scheduling news.

Say what you want about the UNC program, their continuous scheduling of Mid-Majors is awesome. They start the season AT Wofford and AT Elon. Fairly short trips from Chapel Hill, but still. Not afraid to go on the road to a Mid-Major deserves kudos in my book.
I'd love to see that happen within Texas. I'd be willing to do a 2 away, one home deal with some of our better funded companions in Texas. I'd consider it a success if we could get 1 home game a year out of Texas, A&M, Houston, Baylor, SMU or TCU.

I think for Texas, A&M, Baylor, or TCU, we'd be a net benefit to their schedule. A loss wouldn't hurt them because they're mainly judged on their conference schedule, but a win would give them a measuring stick for how good their team might be instead of playing UIW, HBU, etc.
PurpleOut
Staff
Brandon Averette is transferring to Utah Valley.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Brandon Averette is transferring to Utah Valley.
Interesting move. Utah Valley lost in the second round of the CBI this year. The roster was full of transfers from BYU, OU, Xavier, and others.
nacluth
Will he come back for his senior year?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Will he come back for his senior year?
You mean would he come here as a grad transfer?
sfa17
Yeah From SFA to ok state to Utah Valley. That's rough
Edit: just saw that they did win 23 games last season.
Not as bad as I Thought but they no SF Austin
PurpleOut
Staff
I think UVU is an up and coming program. Mark Pope is going to be a solid coach, and is doing well so far in the transfer game. Not where I expected Brandon to end up, but it's a pretty good spot for him overall to play and win.
sfa17
Yeah just look at their record. You are right. Maybe moving in the right direction
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/utah-valley/ (Sport reference really good site for Cbb info)
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Yeah just look at their record. You are right. Maybe moving in the right direction
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/utah-valley/ (Sport reference really good site for Cbb info)
Great website. Didn't know about that one. Thanks, 17. (You're giving away all of your secret research sources...)
nacluth
Oh no! Now Ed knows about data. Now whose fact finding will I do?
sfa17
edstile said:

sfa17 said:

Great website. Didn't know about that one. Thanks, 17. (You're giving away all of your secret research sources...)
My previous message will self destruct in T minus 10 Seconds
SFAXE93
Nevada gets commitment from Jordan Brown 6-10; 220 ***** #11 Nation; #3 PF (Rivals)
nacluth
Isn't that their 21st commitment in the last three months?!? I feel the need for a NCAA investigation. What are they showing these kids out there?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Isn't that their 21st commitment in the last three months?!? I feel the need for a NCAA investigation. What are they showing these kids out there?
I'd say legal weed, but that seems unlikely given the NCAA rules. Reno aint as glamorous as Vegas either.

Whatever it is, it's working (atleast until the NCAA gets involved).
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Isn't that their 21st commitment in the last three months?!?
Yeah. Seems like they have a grab-a-player-a-week recruiting process going on there. Something's rotten in Denmark...
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

nacluth said:

Isn't that their 21st commitment in the last three months?!?
Yeah. Seems like they have a grab-a-player-a-week recruiting process going on there. Something's rotten in Denmark...
If the two that declared for the draft but did not hire an agent come back, they are a legit top ten team next year. Nevada. Let that sink in. Nevada.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Read that Nevada now has nine transfers on their roster.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Nicholls will play at Louisville, per a source.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.