Jock Hughes and Mitch Seraille

4,330 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The awards keep coming for our two future SFA Lumberjacks. Jock Hughes has been named to the Second Team and Mitch Seraille to the Third Team of the Houston Chronicle's All-Greater Houston Basketball Team for 2017-2018.

Pierce Hellums, a junior from Concordia Lutheran, who attended an SFA game this season (and therefore must have an interest in coming here), was also named to the Third Team.
No-look
edstile said:

The awards keep coming for our two future SFA Lumberjacks. Jock Hughes has been named to the Second Team and Mitch Seraille to the Third Team of the Houston Chronicle's All-Greater Houston Basketball Team for 2017-2018.

Pierce Hellums, a junior from Concordia Lutheran, who attended an SFA game this season (and therefore must have an interest in coming here), was also named to the Third Team.
Hoping they will adjust to D1 ball quickly. Both players could very well have a great career at SFA. Jock could be the next Jordan Howard of the Southland and Mitch could have a monster career as a Jack. Hoping both are coachable and will make an impact quickly. Not to put to much pressure on freshmen but these two could prove to be huge steals for SFA. Mitch had a great year but I'm not sure he was ulitized correctly in Yates system. I'm thinking he will blossom as a force in the Southland.
sfa17
2 really good pick ups. the jump between h.s basketball and d1 is huge. Every d1 player was also once the best player on their h.s team. looks like Pierce only current offer is Sam (but he is a 2019 recruit, so plenty of time)
BigJack85
Even if these two only make modest contributions next year we should be formidable. We've got some options at guard (Augustin, Comeaux). And forward (Harris and Holyfield). With Bogues you've got a guy that can play the 2/3 spot and even point in a pinch. These guys plus a JUCO stud and we are set.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Even if these two only make modest contributions next year we should be formidable. We've got some options at guard (Augustin, Comeaux). And forward (Harris and Holyfield). With Bogues you've got a guy that can play the 2/3 spot and even point in a pinch. These guys plus a JUCO stud and we are set.
And don't forget the Minnesota transfer we just got... and Sammie... and Nate,,, and, of course, Gru.
No-look
I want to see Fisher develope. Hope he stays and contributes. I thought he did well for what little playing time he got. He has the body.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

I want to see Fisher develope. Hope he stays and contributes. I thought he did well for what little playing time he got. He has the body.
I agree. He did look pretty good in his very limited playing time. That's a head-scratcher to me. Why use up one of his eligibility seasons when a redshirt would have accomplished the same thing??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.