2018 Football Commits

30,742 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by beaubrad46
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks4460 said:

Lots of things will have to change to get Traylor on board..But its a great idea..
It's my personal pipe dream, haven't seen how much he's making at Ark, but SMU turning him down might work out well for us.
TallTexan
Update, Traylor makes 370k per year. We'd have to be willing to spend at least that, but it would be worth it IMO for a coach like him. Plus, we need to bring him home to Nac.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Update, Traylor makes 370k per year. We'd have to be willing to spend at least that, but it would be worth it IMO for a coach like him. Plus, we need to bring him home to Nac.
I agree TallTexan.. I would think 475K plus bonuses for graduation rate,conference champion,and playoff length.. Plus a commitment to build adequate training facility with a cafiteria/coaches offices and a study hall that is up to specs.. Sure he will also want $$$ to pay his assistants...
SFASawmillGuy
I like how everyone is already counting out next season like there's absolutely no way Clint makes the playoffs and keeps his job.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

I like how everyone is already counting out next season like there's absolutely no way Clint makes the playoffs and keeps his job.
Indeed. Why highjack the recruiting thread with fire Conque comments? There is already a thread for that.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA_03 said:

Indeed. Why highjack the recruiting thread with fire Conque comments? There is already a thread for that.
We got to talking about how good of a recruiter he is, but how it hasn't translated to the field yet. Did not mean for the thread to go off the rails.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Why highjack the recruiting thread with fire Conque comments? There is already a thread for that.
Agree!
SFAXE93

http://sfajacks.com/news/2018/2/6/sfa-football-set-for-national-signing-day-2018.aspx

Watch them roll in tomorrow! Axe'Em
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Watch them roll in tomorrow! Axe'Em
A good crop of newcomers blended with 45 letter winners, including 23 returning players with starting experience. I'm really anxious to see what all of the JUCO transfers can do. I'm starting to get excited. Axe 'em!
SFAXE93
Got a LS

LS: Chase Ruiz 5-10; 235 League City, Texas (Clear Springs)
nacluth
He seems stoked. Which is how I think all long snappers feel. Try not to get noticed. If you get noticed, you're in trouble.

Any relation to Storm? Is it too much to hope for a snapper/kicker family combo? They're from the same city.
SFAXE93
They are both from League City and went to Clear Springs
SFASawmillGuy
I think there's a ton of reason to be excited. If anything we'll be a dark horse team.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA_03 said:

Sorry guys I want Clint to make it...Didn't mean to highjack a thread.. Atleast these JUCO players will bring instant competition..
SFAXE93
We will have more depth, talent, and experience than anybody this season in the SLC, so now is the time to get excited.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

We will have more depth, talent, and experience than anybody this season in the SLC, so now is the time to get excited.
I hope you're right, but McNeese, Nicholls, and Prison Tech will be a tough bunch to climb over.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

I am excited I promise...
SFAXE93
LB: DJ Curtis 6-1; 230 St. Charles, Missouri (Francis Howell/Iowa Western) JUCO

switched to prison tech
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

LB: DJ Curtis 6-1; 230 St. Charles, Missouri (Francis Howell/Iowa Western) JUCO

switched to prison tech
What'd he get busted for?
SFAXE93
Added another one, could be a walk-on, not sure

LB: Daniel Brewer 6-3; 235 Little Rock, Arkansas (Arkansas Baptist College) Jr.
TKL:45;TFL:12.0;SCK:6.0;QBH:11;BLK:1

9 Division II offers
SFAJack_76
Don't think this has been posted.

SFAJack_76
Appears to be a really good pick up. Redshirted his freshman year at Bowling Green, so has four years eligibility. Cleared 6'11" to win the Texas 5A high jump in 2017 representing Fort Worth, South Hills.

TallTexan
Football and track, double win.
SFAXE93
So he is back!

Former 2016 Commit.

nacluth
Friend of mine's son is transferring in. He went last year on scholarship to So. Illinois for DE but was injured and didn't play. He's following a coach here though I don't necessarily think he's coming on scholarship, but if he gets healthy and big, he can be a beast.

Jalen Sutton DE

SFAXE93
The o line is really getting beefed up with depth as we have added even more transfers I posted about on the Spring Practice thread.

Are you sure he is OL?

He played DE/LB at Illinois State 6-2; 205
http://goredbirds.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5480

http://www.goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=2156&type=Archive
nacluth
You're right. Mind blanked. He was DE. A good outside rusher.
beaubrad46
Welcome. We will treat him like family.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.