Brandon Rachal and LSU

5,224 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LSU BB finished the season 10-21, losing 17 of its last 18 games, including a first-round SEC loss to Mississippi State yesterday. Rumors are that their coach Johnny Jones is a sure goner.

I can't help but wonder if their top 2017 recruit, Brandon Rachal, considered the #1 player in LA, might be considering leaving such a bad program (and if LSU would even allow him to leave). SFA heavily recruited him, and we were in the last 6 or 7 schools that he was considering. Just thinking (and hoping) out loud here.....
sfa17
Doubt it. We were on his list but he came to Texas and didn't even visited. He went a &m and Texas.
PurpleOut
Staff
Rachal is transferring. Another kid that was sold the fancy car, and was never given any gas.

TallTexan
That's a real bummer. Feel bad for these kids but hope some of them will start to turn to schools like SFA.
PurpleOut
Staff
It's where the potential changes in transfer rules could be significantly positive for Mid-Majors (and more importantly the players). He'll have to sit out a year now unless he goes JUCO.

I'm still 50/50 on that potential new rule.
sfa17
He could have been part of team that beat LSU,won 20 plus games, went to NCAA tourney.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Rachal is transferring. Another kid that was sold the fancy car, and was never given any gas.

We were on his final list of schools during recruiting coming out of high school. Wonder if we'll make a play for him. Do we have a spot (sit 1, play 3)?
sfa17
He is probably going to JUCO. Really late in the year and most good teams are full and set. We also don't have an available spot. To be honest his final list had like 10 team on it ( including us) and he visited Texas and a&m but I'm not sure he came to nac.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

It's where the potential changes in transfer rules could be significantly positive for Mid-Majors (and more importantly the players). He'll have to sit out a year now unless he goes JUCO.

I'm still 50/50 on that potential new rule.
I like the transfer rule. I think we're more likely to get a great player than lose one, so it'd be a net win. I'd hate to be Corpus or Sam though.

To make it worth the jump for one of our guys, it'd have to be a top 25 team consistently. If one of our guys was drawing enough looks to merit that jump, he'd also be drawing enough looks to get a fair shot at the NBA.

Take Zhaire Smith for example. If he was wearing purple & jumping out the gym like that, he'd have still been a draft pick. Sure, he could get more looks at Duke or NC, but you'd really need to be a tweener NBA talent to both be talented enough to get the offer for Duke/NC/etc and need that increased visibility it provides. I think it'd be a win win for strong mid majors.
PurpleOut
Staff
Rachal went the JUCO route as expected. Will be interested to see if we give him another look.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.