2022 FOOTBALL RECRUITS

35,555 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

RB: MAKHILYN YOUNG 5-10; 185 Midland, Texas (Legacy)
Offers from SFA, New Mexico State, HBU, Jackson State, Texas A&M-Commerce, UT-Permian Basin, Arkansas Tech
SFAXE93

QB: BRENDAN SORSBY 6-3; 220 Corinth, Texas (Lake Dallas)
Offers from Abilene Christian, Western Carolina, Texas A&M-Commerce, Missouri Southern, Northwestern Oklahoma State, PWO from Wisconsin, interest from SFA, Lamar, Weber State

SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
For those on Twitter, this user has only been active for a few weeks.
SFAXE93

DB: HAMILTON MCMARTIN 6-1; 190 Katy, Texas (Katy)
Offer from SFA; PWO at Texas; interest from Yale, Penn, Columbia, Princeton

2020 SEASON AT KATY TKL:53;TFL:5.0;FR:1;PBU:12;INT:2;TD:1

SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

This guy has some wheels! Looks like they also used him in wildcat formations (thus, the knickname) and kick returns. He'll be a good compliment to Gipson.
SFAXE93

SFAXE93

SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

He needs to get eight to ten touches a game.
SFAXE93
Hard to believe he only has 3 offers SFA, Arkansas-PB, Louisiana College
SFA Jack Fanatic
In Kylon Harris' last game this year, after being moved from WR to QB due to injuries to their regular QB's, all he did was gain 689 total yards and 9 TD's - 5 passing and 4 rushing. 26 of 39 passing for 472 yards, 14 rushes for 103 yards, and 110 return yards.

He will be honored by the Greater New Orleans Quarterback Club on December 14.

He was also All-District in football, basketball, and baseball his junior year. He's an athlete!
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In Kylon Harris' last game this year, after being moved from WR to QB due to injuries to their regular QB's, all he did was gain 689 total yards and 9 TD's - 5 passing and 4 rushing. 26 of 39 passing for 472 yards, 14 rushes for 103 yards, and 110 return yards.

He will be honored by the Greater New Orleans Quarterback Club on December 14.

He was also All-District in football, basketball, and baseball his junior year. He's an athlete!

I would definitely incorporate him in the offense in a wildcat set. It could give us a bit more of a red zone threat.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460
John Randle Jr... kid can ball..
SFAJack_76
I have heard Carthel say in the past, and as recently as about a month ago, that he doesn't focus on the early signing period. These commitments must be special dudes.

Realistically, how many spots do we have open? I know there are a lot of moving parts, but a range.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

John Randle Jr... kid can ball..

Tell us more.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I have heard Carthel say in the past, and as recently as about a month ago, that he doesn't focus on the early signing period. These commitments must be special dudes.

Realistically, how many spots do we have open? I know there are a lot of moving parts, but a range.
Man, that's a really tough question to answer any given year but especially this year.

I believe that FCS can still sign up to 25 scholarship athletes per year(but the rules allow split scholarships I believe at our level).

However, bc of all the transfer chaos from the new rules, the NCAA is giving a 1 time waiver to allow 7 additional players to be signed. That gives you an additional spot for every student who transfers after the end of the semester. So players who entered the portal in season don't count, but anyone who leaves for the spring might. So up to 32 players.

But honestly, I have absolutely no idea where that leaves SFA. Carthel and Co must have a big whiteboard of a spreadsheet tracking it bc that alone could be full time job.
Jacks4460
Fanatic he just has a real high motor kinda like John Randle who went to the same HS (Hearne HS) and then on the A&I and a great NFL career... They play the same position which is anywhere on the DL from DT and DE.. They can move him around and turn him loose from anyplace on the field..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Fanatic he just has a real high motor kinda like John Randle who went to the same HS (Hearne HS) and then on the A&I and a great NFL career... They play the same position which is anywhere on the DL from DT and DE.. They can move him around and turn him loose from anyplace on the field..
Oh, so you were referring to Anthony Jackson, Jr. You lost me when you called him John Randle Jr.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93

Offers from SFA, Lamar, Southeastern Oklahoma, ETBU
SFAJack_76
Arkansas transfer. High quality sprinter also.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Arkansas transfer. High quality sprinter also.

Oglesby's fall camp had its impressive moments, but he was leapfrogged by two freshmen and a sophomore at RB. Played in only two games this year.

He was a first-team All-American as a freshman opening leg of the 4x100-meter relay team at Arkansas, and he also holds the 10th fastest 60-meter run in school history.

Ran for 1,700 yards in two years at Katy HS. Had offers from BYU and Montana State. Played four games at Texas A&M - Kingsville before transferring to Arkansas specifically to run track. Suffered a foot injury that kept him off of the football team for a year before he made the football team as a 2-sport athlete the next year.

He's small, only 5'8" and 175, but he's obviously a speedster.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460

Jacks4460

cboothe09
University of Tennessee transfer...
SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460 said:

Phenomenal get. He'll come in as a sophomore. Was competing this last spring for the starting spot for the Vols but injuries and an unexpected transfer from Michigan kept him from being able to make any depth chart movement.

Strong arm and very athletic, he can makes plays with both his arm and legs. He's got sturdy frame and should be able to absorb the hits that will come from his scrambling.

He'll have a year to sit behind Trae and learn the SFA offense, as well as work on some decision making issues, but will probably be the front runner to take over the offense in 2023.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.