NSD 2020

12,964 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAXE93
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
corleycl said:

Does anyone know how we were able to get Branard Wright to sign with us? Have you seen his offer list? It's unbelievable. https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Branard-Wright-100603/RecruitInterests/
Coach McFarland worked his ass off... Kids wanna play immediately now a days.. and Wright felt this was a place he could come in and compete for a starting job off the get go..NFL scouts are still gonna find him and our coaching staff is very well respected in the NFL circles.. We got a beautiful campus, absolutely the best night life on a wed,thurs,or friday night... He is now a big fish in a small pond... Plus I think there are a couple things in the works for a players lounge type area and a new academic study area for all student athletes..
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks
This class is looking fantastic. Love what Carthel and all the coaches are doing for SFA football.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/02/05/dallas-isd-rolls-out-the-red-carpet-for-national-signing-day-celebration/
SFAXE93

We're slipping
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2020/02/05/dallas-isd-rolls-out-the-red-carpet-for-national-signing-day-celebration/

Branard Wright is the #8 player in the DFW area! Wow!
SFAJack_76
We went to the poorly attended NSD event at the Fredonia before the MBB game. Carthel made some comments before turning it over to the OC and DC to go through each recruit. There are some real studs coming in. The track team is going to like this class also. A couple of 10.5 100 guys, and a 50 foot triple jumper.
SFASawmillGuy
corleycl said:

Does anyone know how we were able to get Branard Wright to sign with us? Have you seen his offer list? It's unbelievable. https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Branard-Wright-100603/RecruitInterests/

Biggest thing I can guess is Carthel was able to pretty much guarantee him to be a day one starter. D-Line was a place we were really hurting depth wise last year, and the reason we were exposed so much was because we always had to blitz to make up for it. We get a guy like Wright in there, it helps the rest of the defense out.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

We went to the poorly attended NSD event at the Fredonia before the MBB game. Carthel made some comments before turning it over to the OC and DC to go through each recruit. There are some real studs coming in. The track team is going to like this class also. A couple of 10.5 100 guys, and a 50 foot triple jumper.
Just my opinion, but I'm not sure a NSD public event is the way to go. It's hard enough to get people out for a normal event, much less an event around signing high school kids they haven't heard of. And especially on a weeknight, before a basketball game. I get it, but I think something like this would be better via live video.
SFAXE93
I miss when they used to have it on video for all to see and the coach would give detail on each player.

Buckytaylor
Wait what? Those guys that office on the end of field told us to believe in the vision! They are not building a program of also rans. They've secured a top 10 fcs recruiting class 2/2 years, fought through insurmountable trials and even won a couple of games this past season. We don't have some slapd/cks these boys won a National Championship, 35 for 35 accolades, I'm expecting this thing to get real fun real fast. Believe in the vision! They are doing it on their end and we get the opportunity to acknowledge this recruitment by 5 fans? Last year we had 4X that, shame on us! We can't question why we get the great ones, we should question why not? I'm super excited how this is turning, Hope our staff doesn't get cherry picked, because they are good ones
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

corleycl said:

Biggest thing I can guess is Carthel was able to pretty much guarantee him to be a day one starter. D-Line was a place we were really hurting depth wise last year, and the reason we were exposed so much was because we always had to blitz to make up for it. We get a guy like Wright in there, it helps the rest of the defense out.
Certainly did not, and would not, guarantee being a day one starter. Carthel would not do that. Of course, he can look at the roster and see opportunity. Kids get recruited over all the time by P5 schools, so the "offer" isn't there anymore. Probably some of that. Same happened with the kid from Shreveport and his "offer" from Kansas.
Jacks4460
Buckytaylor said:

Wait what? Those guys that office on the end of field told us to believe in the vision! They are not building a program of also rans. They've secured a top 10 fcs recruiting class 2/2 years, fought through insurmountable trials and even won a couple of games this past season. We don't have some slapd/cks these boys won a National Championship, 35 for 35 accolades, I'm expecting this thing to get real fun real fast. Believe in the vision! They are doing it on their end and we get the opportunity to acknowledge this recruitment by 5 fans? Last year we had 4X that, shame on us! We can't question why we get the great ones, we should question why not? I'm super excited how this is turning, Hope our staff doesn't get cherry picked, because they are good ones
Sorry I wasnt there... I was working in Oklahoma.. That is really sad 5 people.. I dont live in Nacogdoches but there should of been atleast some local people there...
TallTexan
Honestly, I didn't even know we were having a NSD event.

I think the departures in the fall threw everything into a funk. But if we have a home game next year for basketball on NSD, let's put together a hype video & make that the halftime show. 10 minutes, some player footage, the edits, that would get people excited.

I love having an event, but with the two signing days, it's gonna be hard to get people hyped.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Buckytaylor said:

Sorry I wasnt there... I was working in Oklahoma.. That is really sad 5 people.. I dont live in Nacogdoches but there should of been atleast some local people there...
In addition to coaches, family, and staff, there were more than five. Not a lot more, but certainly more than five. Local people don't turn out well.

I saw this event posted for over a week on Twitter, Facebook, and by email. It was mentioned in the weekly luncheon on Monday, and during the radio show Monday night.
SFAJack_76
Very little here that was not in his comments last night.
SFAJack_76
For me, the best part of this is the positive comment from Roberson. Love that this staff is embracing former players.
SFAXE93
This is what you call depth

DT: #00 RAYSHAD NICHOLS 6-3; 304 (SR.)
DT: #00 LARRON COX 6-2; 282 (SR.)
DT: #00 DENNIS OSAGIEDE 6-0; 290 (SO.)
DT: #90 TREVON JOHNSON 6-3; 275 (SO.)
DT: #69 CARL WILLIAMS 6-2; 356 (SO.)
DT: #93 RASON WILLIAMS II 6-4; 270 (SO.)
DT: #61 TIMOTHY TWILLEY 6-1; 270 (R/FR.)
DT: #00 CALEB FOX 6-2; 307 (FR.)
DT: #00 BRANARD WRIGHT 6-3; 315 (FR.)

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Looks like all of the coaches sent this out.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Great attitude, both on and off the field. That young man is going to be a shining example of what all SFA student-athletes should be.
SFASawmillGuy
315 pounds??? QBs will fear this man.
SFAXE93
Add another transfer

DE: D'Torian Smith 6-3; 230 Tatum, Texas (Tatum/TJC) (Jr.) ** #125 WDE
Offers from Air Force, Louisiana-Monroe, UTEP, UTSA, Lamar, Missouri State (out of high school)

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Branard Wright the #1 FCS recruit in the country.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

Only 3 SLC schools on that list.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA_03 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Only 3 SLC schools on that list.
5 actually, and Sam Houston isn't one of them.

5. SFA
12. UCA
41. HBU
44. McNeese
48. Nicholls
nacluth
Interesting. Wright is the #1 recruit because of his offer list which is impressive. Is there any way to determine how many of those top schools were for scholarships?
SFAJack_76
Our graphics are solid.
SFAJack_76
Interesting, and why Carthel prefers Hero Sports to the others for FCS.
SFAXE93

RB: Robert McGrue 5-7; 170 Beaumont, Texas (Westbrook/Mary Hardin-Baylor) (So.)

Is on the team.

Played in 5 games for the CRU last season with his best game against East Texas Baptist where he rushed for 143 yards on 17 carries scoring a TD.

McGrue was just shy of 2,000 yards his senior year in high school with over 33 TDs.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.