2021 Ladyjack Basketball Recruits

14,647 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pilotgirl
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Zoe Nelson

Does anyone know what "pop out" means? I've seen it a few times, but at my age I can't keep up with the vocabulary young people are using.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I guess Angel Scott will be the only new Ladyjack coming on board today. Zoe Nelson next Monday.
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Zoe Nelson

Does anyone know what "pop out" means? I've seen it a few times, but at my age I can't keep up with the vocabulary young people are using.
So...it usually means a new relationship with youth culture. "Gonna pop out with my new guy", etc....I would assume here that it is alluding to a new chapter in her life....
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I guess Angel Scott will be the only new Ladyjack coming on board today. Zoe Nelson next Monday.
Angel signed in the early period.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

djsfw57 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Zoe Nelson

So...it usually means a new relationship with youth culture. "Gonna pop out with my new guy", etc....I would assume here that it is alluding to a new chapter in her life....
It's sure nice to have an interpreter on the board. I had no idea.
Pilotgirl
Lol well, I work with youth and have a young adult daughter, so that certainly helps! Knowing the current slang helps build rapport with kids I work with
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Angel signed in the early period.

A-OK. Thanks, 76.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Lol well, I work with youth and have a young adult daughter, so that certainly helps! Knowing the current slang helps build rapport with kids I work with

Man I'm old. I had no clue.

I thought it meant show up.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

djsfw57 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Zoe Nelson

Thank you!!
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

That it does. I was amazed when I was teaching high school how often I saw walls come down just because I have tattoos.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks signed a transfer out of the University of Portland, Tyler McCliment-Call.

A bit of a head-scratcher. Didn't play much at all as a freshman last year. Have to trust the coaches on this one.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ladyjacks signed a transfer out of the University of Portland, Tyler McCliment-Call.

A bit of a head-scratcher. Didn't play much at all as a freshman last year. Have to trust the coaches on this one.
She played in 25 of their 27 games, averaging 9.4 minutes per game. Not bad minutes for a true freshman. No head scratching on my part.

Her bio from the Portland site:

"HIGH SCHOOL: Landed on the All-Greater Spokane League First Team as a senior at University HS averaged 18.0 points per game for the Titans prior to University High School, she helped Post Falls High School win the 2018 Idaho 5A State Championship she was named the state tournament MVP after averaging 23 points, on 57 percent shooting, and 7.7 rebounds per game she also garnered All-Inland Empire League recognition.

PERSONAL: Born on Feb. 1, 2002 in Spokane, Wash. parents are Pat and Regan McCliment-Call mother Regan played hoops at Gonzaga father Pat played baseball at Eastern Washington uncle Michael Call played baseball at UW and was drafted by the Chicago White Sox in 1991 twin sister Jacksen is a teammate on the Pilots plans to major in biology."
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
LSU transfer. Only played 25 minutes her freshman season. Since 2021 doesn't count, should have four to play. Nice guard depth.

HIGH SCHOOL (2016-20)
* Four-year letterwinner in basketball and track & field at Fort Bend Hightower High School.
* TABC 5A All-State selection 2020
* TABC 5A All-Region III 2019, 2020
* Four-time All-District Team 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
* Scored 1,182 points, 661 rebounds, 478 steals, 315 assists and 215 blocked shots over her four-year career at Hightower.
* Averaged 13.8 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.5 steals, 2.9 assists and 1.8 blocked shots per game as a senior while leading team to a regional semifinal berth.
* During junior season averaged 9.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3.0 steals and 2.5 assists per game as the team advanced to the Texas state tournament semifinals.
* Also a strong jumper and sprinter for the track and field team before senior season was shutdown.
* As a junior finished fourth in the Texas UIL 5A State Championship in the long jump at 18-1 after posting a season-best 19-3 at the UIL 5A Region III meet.
* Ran third leg of 4x200 relay and 4x400 relay teams at the 2019 state championships, finishing fourth in the 4x2 and sixth in the 4x4.
* Four-time Academic All-District in basketball.
* A-B Honor Roll at Hightower.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

* Also a strong jumper and sprinter for the track and field team before senior season was shutdown.
* As a junior finished fourth in the Texas UIL 5A State Championship in the long jump at 18-1 after posting a season-best 19-3 at the UIL 5A Region III meet.
* Ran third leg of 4x200 relay and 4x400 relay teams at the 2019 state championships, finishing fourth in the 4x2 and sixth in the 4x4.

You know, what really jumps out at me is this ^^^^^^. She could/will be a tremendous asset in raising the running game to a whole new level.

Bringing in this young lady and Zoe Nelson really has me excited for the '21-'22 Ladyjack season! (I don't know enough about the other new additions to have an opinion on them just yet.)

Just wondering... How is Coach Kellogg going to give all of our assets enough playing time to keep them happy?? (What I'm thinking is .. JUST WINNING GAMES!)
SFAJack_76
Destini's athletic accomplishments stood out to me as well. Should be fun to watch.

Four high level "freshmen" coming in. Two with a year of D1 experience, although neither played very many minutes. One each from Washington, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Texas.

The question about playing time is legit. That concern is the reason that Kellogg only used 13 of his 15 available scholarships until last season.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Destini's athletic accomplishments stood out to me as well. Should be fun to watch.

Four high level "freshmen" coming in. Two with a year of D1 experience, although neither played very many minutes. One each from Washington, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Texas.

The question about playing time is legit. That concern is the reason that Kellogg only used 13 of his 15 available scholarships until last season.

I feel like we run lineups pretty well.

And 2 high level players have moved on.

I could see a system where we have 2 primary lineups. And then the remaining players who aren't in those pace pushing lineups sub in situationally.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I could see a system where we have 2 primary lineups.
Yep. That's almost a given. We did some of that last year, but I think this year's 2nd team will be much better than last year's. There will be good competition in the Fall to get on one of those two squads.

How many times did the Ladyjacks score 90+ last year? I'm thinking that will happen even more in the season ahead.

Anyone want to take a shot at guessing what the initial starting lineup and the 2nd team lineup might look like? This would be a good job for Pilot Girl to take on. I'm sure she'll be on here soon.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

I could see a system where we have 2 primary lineups.
Yep. That's almost a given. We did some of that last year, but I think this year's 2nd team will be much better than last year's. There will be good competition in the Fall to get on one of those two squads.

How many times did the Ladyjacks score 90+ last year? I'm thinking that will happen even more in the season ahead.

Anyone want to take a shot at guessing what the initial starting lineup and the 2nd team lineup might look like? This would be a good job for Pilot Girl to take on. I'm sure she'll be on here soon.

Hey!!! Here I am....and what a problem for us to have...we will be even MORE stacked this year & I AM SO EXCITED!

Just taking a quick stab at a starting 5:
1. Steph
2. Zya
3. AB
4. Aiyana
5. Bri/ newcomer PG??

That leaves Aaliyah, Tasharian, 4 newcomers & the bench from last year if I'm not mistaken! There are so many different lineups & I'm sure Kellogg will play with that a lot like he did last year!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.