2020 Volleyball Recruiting

4,749 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6'2" lefty.

PERSONAL STATEMENT

In the beginning of my freshman year, I was solely trying out for the high school volleyball team to complete my required athletic credit. I had been discouraged and ultimately lost my love for volleyball after a painful club season my 8thgrade year. A defining moment of my high school volleyball career came at the end of my freshman season, as I found myself disappointed that the season was over. I recognized I had regained my love for volleyball.

My personal decision to continue playing volleyball resulted from the amazing programs and wonderful coaches that I have come in contact with over the past two years. I learned the importance of being a coachable athlete, as well as always putting forth effort, time, and hard work. Ultimately, I am looking for a college program that will be a good fit for me both academically and athletically. I also value a high-level coaching staff, and the never-ending support of a great team. I believe that the time in my life where I lost my love for volleyball actually skyrocketed my passion to play. This period transformed my character and molded me into a leader, preparing me to help teammates maintain their love of the game. Based on my renewed love of volleyball, I have decided that I would love to play volleyball in college, and I look forward to contributing to a great program!

TallTexan
One of the most jarring differences I noticed when we played UT in the playoffs was how much taller they were than us. We can use all the length we can get.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
6' right handed outside hitter from Bryan High School. Honorable mention 6A all-state.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Juco setter.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
Bryli Contreras 5-7
Abbey Karcher 6-2
Juliann McGinnis 6-0
Ashley Procious 6-1
Allie Hamsher 5-10
Ielan Bradley 6-0
Hailey Hunt 5-10
Coco Gillett 6-0

Big time class!

SFAJack_76
Crazy good class. Interesting to see how the roster shakes out since we only have four seniors. With only 12 scholarships, some of these are most likely walk ons. Last season we had six freshmen. Only one if those is on the team this season. Humphreys said most needed to go.
SFAJack_76
One more.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Interesting post 76. So 6 freshman last year, only 1 back.....was it attitudes, ability, almost sounds like last year's men's bb.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Interesting post 76. So 6 freshman last year, only 1 back.....was it attitudes, ability, almost sounds like last year's men's bb.
I think it was a mix of all the above. Some didn't want to work as hard as D1 sports requires. Some were walk ons that just weren't going to get PT. Some weren't a fit.
SFAJack_76
Two of the HS girls and the Juco setter will be spring enrollees. Nice to get them on campus early.
SFAJack_76
Particularly with Dean grad transferring to Mississippi State, Malgorzata is a really good addition. Recall that Arkansas State was one of the two in our 31-2 season. Andersohn played in all 30 Arkansas State matches as a freshman. Second on the team in assists and digs, and first in service aces. She was a member of the Polish U18 National Team at the 2018 World Championships in Argentina.

Her "official visit" to SFA was a virtual one due to the virus imposed ban on visits.

SFAJack_76
Nice!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.