2020 Football Offers

38,525 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Solid list to be on.
SFAJack_76
That didn't take long. If we have to lose a recruit, I am okay with this.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
I wonder how many of these get sent out each week. I like it.
SFAJack_76
No details, but I hear we had about thirty recruits in on Saturday. By all accounts, it went well.
SFAXE93
WR: Tyrese Grant 6-0; 170 Daingerfield, Texas (Daingerfield) *** #151 ATH
Offers from SFA, Tulsa, Utah, Southern Mississippi, Hawaii, Texas State, Toledo, Colorado State, Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Alcorn State, Lamar, Liberty, Louisiana-Monroe, McNeese State, Texas Southern

TOP 4 Schools Listed
SFA, Texas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Southern Miss.
SFAJack_76
It was mentioned that we are looking for some mid-year transfers. Perhaps this is one?
Jacks4460
We got 3 FBS recruits coming in this weekend... RB,WR,SS . Currently they are in the transfer portal from FBS schools...
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

We got 3 FBS recruits coming in this weekend... RB,WR,SS . Currently they are in the transfer portal from FBS schools...
Hopefully we have reviewed their transcripts so everyone knows what will transfer and what won't. As 4460 and I have mentioned, there are at least a couple of FBS guys that wanted to come here that we lost to opponents because SFA would not accept courses that they would.
TallTexan
Just boggles my mind that we'd have any restrictions on transferring courses in...makes me wonder what kind of weird classes major programs have.
Jacks4460
Yes we need a legit general studies degree that almost every other University has.. They are working on it and hopefully it will be in place come Fall 20..
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Just boggles my mind that we'd have any restrictions on transferring courses in...makes me wonder what kind of weird classes major programs have.

Major programs don't have weird classes SFA just is behind the times in General Studies degrees...
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

Major programs don't have weird classes SFA just is behind the times in General Studies degrees...
Exactly as 4460 said.
PurpleOut
Staff
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Sedrick Williams is related to former SFA basketball player CJ Williams.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Sedrick Williams is related to former SFA basketball player CJ Williams.
Cool. Did not know that.
TallTexan
It's recruiting season. Time to see how many big fish Carthel & company can pull in with a full season under their belts.
TallTexan
Looks like the quiet period ends in 5 days, so I'd expect to see our coaches hitting the recruiting trail hard as early as next week.
Jacks4460
TallTexan our coaches never stop... Good things ahead of us... Just hope we dont lose any coaches... I can see maybe losing some after a good year next year.. But we really are blessed with some good ones for the time being.. Getting to know some of them I can promise they want nothing more than to win the right way...
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan our coaches never stop... Good things ahead of us... Just hope we dont lose any coaches... I can see maybe losing some after a good year next year.. But we really are blessed with some good ones for the time being.. Getting to know some of them I can promise they want nothing more than to win the right way...
I want us to have coaches that leave for better jobs going forward. I hate to lose them, but want that quality on the staff. We have not had that in a long time. I want the same for the other sports, men and women.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
3* DT. Tulsa commit. Our coaches aren't scared.
TallTexan
I love these edits.
SFAJack_76
I have seen these for several of the coaches.
SFAXE93
Coming home!

SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Coming home!

3* 6'5" 195 pro style QB that says he can run. Third generation Longhorn. Was a PWO at UT. Did not play, so he will have four years. Assume he will be a mid year transfer.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sam-saxton-following-family-heart-texas/
SFAXE93
Offers from SFA, Sam Houston State, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Memphis, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Nicholls, Princeton, Rutgers, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Toledo, Tulane
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Coming home!

Heck yes!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Seems to be a solid recruit. Good football pedigree. Four years remaining.

Where do you think he'll fit in the depth charts?

BTW, is it just me, or does that guy have fingers that are the size of fish hooks?
SFAXE93
QB: #29 Reece Shaw 6-5; 200 (Sr.)
QB: #2 Trae Self 6-4; 190 (Jr.)
QB: #12 Cam Arnold 6-1; 205 (So.)
QB: #18 Preston Weeks 6-4; 230 (So.)
QB: #00 Peyton Culberson 6-5; 220 (R/Fr.)
QB: #00 Josh Foskey 6-0; 217 (R/Fr.)
QB: #00 Sam Saxton 6-5; 195 (R/Fr.)

Position changes for some maybe.

TallTexan
Did Blumrick medically retire?
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Did Blumrick medically retire?
Yes Jake is not playing football again...at least competitively...
SFASawmillGuy
A little about Saxton.

Played for 3 different high schools. His sophomore year at Westlake he was used in red zone packages where he mostly ran the ball. His junior year at Austin High against 5A opponents he threw for over 2000 yards and over 30 touchdowns. His senior year for St. Michaels academy was apparently his worst year, with the team only doing average.

However he's been noted in camps and at UT for being potentially the most overall talented QB on the Texas roster just based on his athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy. A big issue with him has been his size. He's also been noted for having a very fast tight release and being able to throw on the run really well.

His biggest flaws I've seen? His size is definitely something he's gonna want to work on. He's 6'5, but he's very skinny. If he gets hit by the right defensive lineman the right way he may break. Also his level of competition. Outside of Austin Westlake, his high school career has been very up and down, and he hasn't been playing the toughest opponents. So his best experience he can bring is that he spent a year at UT.

Overall I think this is a good play. Trae Self still has a massive upside and potentially could be a superstar QB in not only the SLC but the entire FCS. But if Sam can come in and immediately show he's the guy in the spring, we have our backup plan.
TallTexan
FWIW, I've heard the reason that UT didn't can Beck ages ago is that he's an excellent QB coach. And maybe we can bulk him up a bit, or get an Oline good enough to protect him.
SFAXE93
SFA_03 said:

A little about Saxton.

Played for 3 different high schools. His sophomore year at Westlake he was used in red zone packages where he mostly ran the ball. His junior year at Austin High against 5A opponents he threw for over 2000 yards and over 30 touchdowns. His senior year for St. Michaels academy was apparently his worst year, with the team only doing average.

However he's been noted in camps and at UT for being potentially the most overall talented QB on the Texas roster just based on his athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy. A big issue with him has been his size. He's also been noted for having a very fast tight release and being able to throw on the run really well.

His biggest flaws I've seen? His size is definitely something he's gonna want to work on. He's 6'5, but he's very skinny. If he gets hit by the right defensive lineman the right way he may break. Also his level of competition. Outside of Austin Westlake, his high school career has been very up and down, and he hasn't been playing the toughest opponents. So his best experience he can bring is that he spent a year at UT.

Overall I think this is a good play. Trae Self still has a massive upside and potentially could be a superstar QB in not only the SLC but the entire FCS. But if Sam can come in and immediately show he's the guy in the spring, we have our backup plan.
Good read.

Sounds like Trae Self's situation, good frame, under weight, hasn't had a lot of starting experience, strong arm, athletic, big upside.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.