2020 Basketball Offers

60,832 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAXE93
Rev007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps he was asked to wait for an upcoming opening on our roster and he's getting a bit nervous waiting to see if it going to happen.
No-look
Rev007 said:

Perhaps he was asked to wait for an upcoming opening on our roster and he's getting a bit nervous waiting to see if it going to happen.
. Could it be that he didn't commit when offered thinking lots of others would follow? Wonder if the negativity from last years team had anything to do with decisions at the time? I'm just guessing.
Rev007
Hard to know what's the issue, but it's fun to speculate. I believe if he signs with UIW that he will torment us for the next 4 years. I'm not saying they will beat us, but we will wonder what could have been.
nacluth
Shannon was never much of a system player. Keller used to say all the time that he wasn't the kind of player he used to draw plays for. He just let him go score. He was just a good scorer. I don't feel like saying we could have another Bogues is as appealing as saying we could get someone to play our system. My guess is that's why we haven't locked him down.
Ljacks&Longnecks
System player more important in my book, that's what makes us successful.
Rev007
Definitely better to have a system player, but how do we know Shannon is similar to his brother in their style of play? We would have Shamir for 4 years. We had Shannon for only two. One thing about Shannon, he was awesome off the bench during his first year, and we have to give him credit for the big win against Baylor during his senior season. Also, he played the majority of his senior year playing point instead of his natural position of shooting guard.

If I had to pick a player currently on our team who is not a system player, it would be Hart. I hope he turns it around because he has loads of potential.
TallTexan
IIRC, somewhere Shannon said Shamir is a better natural defender than he is, which would seem to fit the system.
Pilotgirl
Shannon has said all this time that Shamir will be/is better than him. Might be big bro pepping him up but I know that while family lives and breathes basketball.
Pilotgirl
Shamir was just offered by TAMU CC
SFAJack_76
Billy Clyde going right to work.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
Billy at Tarleton....hmmm hownlong until he is fired? I remember his time at UTEP smh
cboothe09
Anyone heard anything on potential last minute recruits?
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Anyone heard anything on potential last minute recruits?
We don't currently have any scholarships to offer.
cboothe09
Aware. Just heard rumblings/rumor and didnt know if anyone else had heard it. I know it would come with someone vacating a spot or as a PWO...
sfa17

Quan Jackson, 6'4 Guard grad transfer from Georgia Southern 13.5 point per game, had over 1,000 career points at GSU

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067781/quan-jackson

We wouldn't be recruiting Him unless someone is going to leave.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Quan Jackson, 6'4 Guard grad transfer from Georgia Southern 13.5 point per game, had over 1,000 career points at GSU

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4067781/quan-jackson

We wouldn't be recruiting Him unless someone is going to leave.

Georgia Southern's coach left to take the job at James Madison, and Jackson is the second starter to enter the transfer portal as a result.

In addition to Jackson's 13.6 ppg this past year, he also averaged 14.8 the previous season. Consistent.

I agree, 17. Something's up. If I was a gambling man, I'd hazard a guess (and only a guess) that the odd man out would be Oddyst (no pun intended). He's a fine young man but he hasn't brought much to the table in the last two years.
sfa17
Yeah, either O or Brown maybe.
SFAJack_76
Where does a grad student SG fit in the rotation? That would mean there would have to be at least six in the 2021 class. Good player. I just don't know the fit.
PurpleOut
Staff
I watched Georgia Southern a few times this years, I'd take Jackson on my team any day. He's a really good defender (6th in the country in steals per game). BUT, that means we have to lose someone for a one year player.

I'll take everyone that we have returning on our team. But, if you asked me to trade one year of Jackson for 2 years of someone like Oddyst...I'm taking Jackson.
Rev007
No insider knowledge or any type of proof, but I believe we will have two players leaving the program. I haven't seen the Georgia Southern player's tape, but reports sound like he is a solid player. On the other hand, Oddyst is far from a solid player. His lone bright spot was making one of two free throws to beat a pathetic Assemblies of God team during his freshman year.

The other player(s) to leave are ???

Regarding Oddyst, he definitely seems likable, but our program demands high skill level. Oddyst has a good shot, but the rest of his game is not currently suited for Division I basketball. In the future, I'd like to see players like Oddyst as walk-ons who have the opportunity to hone their games and perhaps earn a scholarship in the future.

I would love to see the player from Central Arkansas join our team, but I don't even know if that is possible. Is he free to choose a team even if it is in the same conference?

Rev007
Rev007
Upon review of Quan Jackson's stats, I'm not impressed with his offensive game. Defensively, the steals per game are great. However, his assist to turnover ratio is not the 2:1 ratio I'd like to see. Free throw shooting is mediocre. He appears to be a shooting guard. So whose minutes does he get? I see Roti and possibly Heckard getting the majority of those minutes. I think we can do better if we have one or two openings on our roster. We are in need of a 3rd quality big man.
LUMBERJACK2005
SFAJack_76 said:

I can see where BCG came in a little late and is just trying to do his best to get D1 bodies into that program. I imagine that roster will have a lot of turnover (what roster doesn't these days, smh) the next few seasons.

The South Dakota State offer is by far the best one he's received, arguably as good as ours.
Axe 'Em!
c/o 2005
LUMBERJACK2005
sfa17 said:

Yeah, either O or Brown maybe.
I don't see Brown transferring and going to a school where he would have to sit another year, unless he was politely asked to do so.
Axe 'Em!
c/o 2005
nacluth
Brown would be immediately eligible since he sat out this year. Not that I think he's leaving either.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Brown would be immediately eligible since he sat out this year. Not that I think he's leaving either.

No way Brown leaves.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

No way Brown leaves.
I agree. Him sitting and seeing what we did this year, he wants to be a part of something special next year!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

No way Brown leaves.
I agree. Him sitting and seeing what we did this year, he wants to be a part of something special next year!

There was a photo on Twitter the other day of Demiere and Roti doing online studies. (Apparently, they are rooming together.) That doesn't look like someone who's planning to transfer.
sfa17
True, just saw that
No-look
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

No way Brown leaves.

There was a photo on Twitter the other day of Demiere and Roti doing online studies. (Apparently, they are rooming together.) That doesn't look like someone who's planning to transfer.
Don't see the connection between doing class work and not transferring. They still have to complete classes to stay eligible regardless of where they are going to be.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

No way Brown leaves.

Don't see the connection between doing class work and not transferring. They still have to complete classes to stay eligible regardless of where they are going to be.
Brown is staying put men and women.... He and Gavin gonna be some rebounding dudes..
Pilotgirl
There's at least one woman here!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

There's at least one woman here!

You need to get out and recruit, Pilot!
No-look
SFA was in the mix. Spots must have closed up or something. Hate to see him in the Southland. Player

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.