2020 Basketball Offers

60,849 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAXE93
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Miles is legit. Would be a huge get.
SFAJack_76
We now have a reported five 2020 PG offers out. Twelve total offers with three seniors on the team. Should be interesting.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

We now have a reported five 2020 PG offers out. Twelve total offers with three seniors on the team. Should be interesting.
Need another good point guard to secure that position. We saw last year what happens when injuries hit. Miles would be a huge get to accompany McDaniels for the future. We will just have Kalcharies for two years.
No-look
Saw where Miles delayed his list of schools today. Wonder if we had anything to do with that?
SFAJack_76
Tai'Reon "Scootah" Joseph. Guard from Louisiana. Obviously a Mason recruit.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Not us.
SFAJack_76
Athlete.
No-look
Has he been to Nac yet?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Has he been to Nac yet?

This kid is a pure shooter. And a southpaw.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

I Has he been to Nac yet?

This kid is a pure shooter. And a southpaw.
Hope we are pursuing him.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

#86 on the top 100 list.

Gone to Northern Colorado.

SFAJack_76
Another miss.
nacluth
As good as our recruiting staff have been, my guess is that we're going to have to put some wins together this season to make a strong impact on top recruits. Of course a Duke win would make it rain.
sfa17
2020 Guard Jaylin Posey @TheJaylinPosey is expected to visit SFA on Sept 21-22. Currently the mason's top priority recruit.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Currently the mason's top priority recruit.
Coach Mason's top priority, or did you mean something else? Is Coach Mason even involved in recruiting, considering his health situation?
PurpleOut
Staff
He is. Somehow still doing work. We've been on Posey maybe the longest of anyone, and Mason has been the lead guy there.
PurpleOut
Staff
From TexasBoysBasketball.com on Posey:

Quote:

They've been recruiting me for years. I have a real good relationship with (Assistant) Coach Wade Mason, prayers to him as he has played a big part in my recruitment and it's a school I'm heavily considering.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Just got a message from someone close to the situation and they're asking ALL OF US to show some Twitter love to Jalin Posey. Apparently, he's narrowed his choices down to SFA, UTA, Troy, and ORU.

I saw some video of Posey and he has moves just like Shannon Bogues when he has the ball. Can you imagine what we'd have with four years of this guy???

And as a couple of guys have said, Posey has been SFA's and Coach Mason's biggest target for the last two years. And yes, Coach Mason is still helping with recruiting, albeit from his home much of the time.

Posey's Twitter account is.... @TheJaylinPosey
SFAJack_76
I think we had offered.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

2020 Guard Jaylin Posey @TheJaylinPosey is expected to visit SFA on Sept 21-22. Currently the mason's top priority recruit.

From when he got his offer.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

That will be family day with a football game against Nicholls. Hope for good weather, big crowd, and a competitive game.
SFAJack_76
This is disappointing. He is a good one.
No-look
Not sure how I feel about recruits posting top 5 schools. To me it makes it more about them than the school. But I'm a relic in a new society.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Not sure how I feel about recruits posting top 5 schools. To me it makes it more about them than the school.

I agree. It's a "thing" now.
CertifiedAxeman98
Does anyone have an update on Shamir Bogues? Verbal commits shows he has no offers.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Does anyone have an update on Shamir Bogues? Verbal commits shows he has no offers.
From his twitter feed, SFA is the only offer he has posted.
CertifiedAxeman98
I know that verbal commits is not always accurate but it appears that they removed everyone from 2020 except Nana (commit) and Jaylin Posey. They show 3 2020 recruits that committed elsewhere and they are no longer showing any offers for 2021 or 2022. I thought there were were a few for 2021.

For example Tai'Reon Joseph has not committed to anywhere and is no longer showing as a recruit for SFA. You can click on show other officers and it shows SFA but it is being shown as none for offers. have we stopped recruiting him? Odd. This is the same for Shamir. which is why I asked if we were still recruiting him.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tai-reon-joseph

SFAJack_76
PurpleOut probably has better insight, but I don't trust a lot of what is on, or not on, Verbal Commits.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Curious why he is not being more heavily recruited.
PurpleOut
Staff
Reminder that Posey is in town this weekend. If you see him at the game say hello and welcome him, it goes a long way. Show him some extra love on Twitter tomorrow.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jaylin Posey will arrive for an official visit tomorrow. If you'll be at the FB game Saturday or see him around town this weekend seek him out and show him some love. We're going up against some heavyweights for this highly-rated young man.
SFAJack_76
Anybody have anything on the Posey visit? Maybe he's working on a commitment video.
One can hope, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.