2020 Basketball Offers

60,846 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Planting seeds....
sfa17
PurpleOut
Staff
Growing prospect and starting to pick up some offers. 6'5 Guard from Bishop Lynch in Dallas.

cboothe09
PurpleOut said:

Growing prospect and starting to pick up some offers. 6'5 Guard from Bishop Lynch in Dallas.

Plays a lot like Kevon. Not the most athletic player but uses his size to his advantage to open up his three-point game...
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
Hebb #52. Milkereit #74.

https://texastop100.com/2017/12/12/class-of-2020/

purplitis72
MY goodness they look so young!
TallTexan
A&M just signed a football player with the first name Baylor.

Could not imagine naming my kid that lol. I'd be more likely to name one of em Aggie.
djsfw57
PurpleOut said:

Wow.... he has some damn fine skills!
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Dang!!
SFAJack_76
#86 on the top 100 list.

sfa17

2020 PG, 3 star on Rivals and 247. Offer from UH, UTA, Tech,TCU, Troy, ORU and A&M

SFAJack_76
Sure can't complain about us not recruiting guards.
No-look
Baller!
SFA Jack Fanatic
No complaints from me. They'll recruit 10 in hopes of landing one. Regardless, it's great to see us always competing with the Big Boys for these top-notch players.
SFAJack_76
purpleballs
Assuming no one leaves, other than seniors, how many open spots will we have?
CertifiedAxeman98
purpleballs said:

Assuming no one leaves, other than seniors, how many open spots will we have?
Currently they are 1 over on scholarships for 19/20. If one of the seniors does not play 19/20 then you have 2 spots. If the 3 seniors that appear to still be in the program (Harris, Comeaux, Bain) are still here for 19/20 then we would have 3 spots. Every year you have someone leave the program either for more playing time or otherwise. So you can't assume no one leaves. This past year was over the top in guys leaving or being asked to leave and is not the norm. The coaches will recruit beyond the number of spots they have because offering a kid does not mean they will accept and after you offer you may decided to rescind the offer for one reason or another.

Edit: Sites like Verbal Commits don't always know when an offer was rescinded or when a recruit tells the team they are not interested so you will often have guys still on their site that are no longer being recruited.
sfa17

Plays for Drive Nation. That AAU team had 5 top 100 players last season. The team is not as talented this year
No-look
Wonder if the coaches are looking at Valentin Catt? 6' 10" PF from Orangefield. McNeese and Oral Roberts have offered. Would be a nice addition.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Wonder if the coaches are looking at Valentin Catt? 6' 10" PF from Orangefield. McNeese and Oral Roberts have offered. Would be a nice addition.

Looks like he moves pretty well for a big guy. Size matters. Playing for Houston Defenders this summer, I believe.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Looks like he moves pretty well for a big guy. Size matters. Playing for Houston Defenders this summer, I believe.

Heard that SFA is already on him. No offer yet.
sfa17

sfa17
Zion Cooper PG 6'0

Has offer from ole miss, us, Murray state, middle Tennessee, Missouri state, southern miss,

SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Zion Cooper PG 6'0

Has offer from ole miss, us, Murray state, middle Tennessee, Missouri state, southern miss,

If I understand his situation correctly, he has finished high school (Olive Branch, MS) and will attend Sunrise for a year before entering college in 2020. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.
sfa17
Yes, he should be part of class 2019 but he reclassified
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

sfa17 said:

Zion Cooper PG 6'0

If I understand his situation correctly, he has finished high school (Olive Branch, MS) and will attend Sunrise for a year before entering college in 2020. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.
That is the way I read it also.
SFAJack_76
Sunrise Christian Academy is where Nathan Bain came to SFA from.
No-look
D1 coaching is a multi facet job. Recruiting is year around. Our coaches are steadily at it!
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

D1 coaching is a multi facet job. Recruiting is year around. Our coaches are steadily at it!
Exactly. Ivey mentioned in the podcast that recruiting was every day.
SFAJack_76
More on Cooper

"Joe Cooper, Nike Elite Stars

The point guard from Olive Branch was one of the best point guards in the tournament, from my perspective. He's built like a running back and plays like a guy looking for light in between the tackles. Cooper plays low to the ground and carves his way through a defense with little trouble. He's taking a post-grad year and taking an active mid-major recruitment with him. Cooper is a great mixture of scoring, speed, toughness and tenacity. "
wahlwesle
So you're saying there's a chance?

No-look
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

G: Mike Saunders, Jr. 5-10; 165 Indianapolis, Indiana (Lawrence North)
Offers from SFA, Northern Kentucky, DePaul, VCU, IUPUI
Committed to Cincinnati.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.