Sylvans

4,629 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by SCH890
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
These young men and women have done a great job representing SFA and the college of forestry.

SFAJack_76
Jacks4460
I love our Forestry Dept.. One of the best in the country!!
SFAJack_76
Lumberjacks ....

http://www.sfasu.edu/10060.asp
BigJack85
Awesome sauce.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Not the Sylvans, but didn't want to start a new thread. One of the best forestry schools in the country.

Jacks4460
Very proud graduate of our Forestry Department!!!
SFAJack_76
Amazing run.
SFAJack_76
Simply the best …
BigJack85
Well done. Axe 'Em Jacks!
SFAJack_76
From an email I got today:

Colleagues, Alumni, Friends, and Sylvans,
The SFA Sylvans won the 64th Association of Southern Forestry Clubs Conclave! Louisiana Tech University's students, faculty, and staff did a fantastic job hosting the event at Lincoln Parish Park in Ruston, LA, from March 9-11. The Sylvans team consisted of 28 students, 10 alumni, coach Chelsea Lopez, and myself as we competed against 13 other Universities.

Many thanks to Dr. Williams and all our great sponsors for supporting the Sylvans and making it possible for us to compete. We appreciate you!

The Sylvans put up 294.5 overall points, placing first in both physical and technical events! Clemson placing second with 236 points and Louisiana Tech was third with 216.5 points. This marks the largest margin of victory in the 64 year history of Conclave, and one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen! The University of Arkansas at Monticello placed 8th with 200 points. The physical event performance was particularly impressive, with first place finishes in 10 of 15 events, and top-three finishes in all but two.

This marks the first time in Sylvans history the club has won five consecutive Conclaves, now bringing us to 8 wins in the past 9 Conclaves, and 17 wins total. Arkansas Monticello still has 31 wins, but we're gaining on them!
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

From an email I got today:

Colleagues, Alumni, Friends, and Sylvans,
The SFA Sylvans won the 64th Association of Southern Forestry Clubs Conclave! Louisiana Tech University's students, faculty, and staff did a fantastic job hosting the event at Lincoln Parish Park in Ruston, LA, from March 9-11. The Sylvans team consisted of 28 students, 10 alumni, coach Chelsea Lopez, and myself as we competed against 13 other Universities.

Many thanks to Dr. Williams and all our great sponsors for supporting the Sylvans and making it possible for us to compete. We appreciate you!

The Sylvans put up 294.5 overall points, placing first in both physical and technical events! Clemson placing second with 236 points and Louisiana Tech was third with 216.5 points. This marks the largest margin of victory in the 64 year history of Conclave, and one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen! The University of Arkansas at Monticello placed 8th with 200 points. The physical event performance was particularly impressive, with first place finishes in 10 of 15 events, and top-three finishes in all but two.

This marks the first time in Sylvans history the club has won five consecutive Conclaves, now bringing us to 8 wins in the past 9 Conclaves, and 17 wins total. Arkansas Monticello still has 31 wins, but we're gaining on them!

Domination!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Simply the best.
SCH890
SFAJack_76 said:

Simply the best.

Proud of my College. Need to get their name out there more for being a respected Forestry School. Never gets enough credit in my eyes.
SFAJack_76
SCH890 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Simply the best.

Proud of my College. Need to get their name out there more for being a respected Forestry School. Never gets enough credit in my eyes.

The UT System has been very clear that their goal is for ATCFA to be the best forestry school in the world.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

SCH890 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Simply the best.

The UT System has been very clear that their goal is for ATCFA to be the best forestry school in the world.

Absolutely awesome
SCH890
SFAJack_76 said:

SCH890 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Simply the best.

and that is why I was all for it. Hope they keep building the program up!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.