What sports teams should SFA have?

19,715 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigJack85
Gazette1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Sam Houston game is included when SFA is considered the home school. You are wrong.
SFAJack_76
Gazette1 said:

You can throw all the hypothetical out there that you want but football is the biggest contributor to the athletic budget deficit. I know that they make it appear that our football attendance was an average of 11,000 a game but that is inflated big time. The Sam Houston game wasn't at Homer Bryce but was included in those stats. Many of the people who come to our games just come there to tailgate and don't watch the games. Many just come there to watch the band and leave at halftime. In reality there are only about 7,000 people in the stands at any point. I am not suggesting cutting football but I am suggesting that we cut baseball. Baseball does nothing to help the university. We are not competitive and never will be with only 11 baseball scholarships. Baseball is an embarrassment. Our coach has no chance to compete with those numbers.
Again your comment about "with only 11 baseball scholarships" being a reason for not being competitive. All D1 baseball programs only get 11.7 scholarships. The 217 teams ahead of us in the latest RPI have 11.7 scholarships. I don't understand your point about the number of scholarships being a reason for not being competitive.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Gazette1 said:

You can throw all the hypothetical out there that you want but football is the biggest contributor to the athletic budget deficit. I know that they make it appear that our football attendance was an average of 11,000 a game but that is inflated big time. The Sam Houston game wasn't at Homer Bryce but was included in those stats. Many of the people who come to our games just come there to tailgate and don't watch the games. Many just come there to watch the band and leave at halftime. In reality there are only about 7,000 people in the stands at any point. I am not suggesting cutting football but I am suggesting that we cut baseball. Baseball does nothing to help the university. We are not competitive and never will be with only 11 baseball scholarships. Baseball is an embarrassment. Our coach has no chance to compete with those numbers.
Again your comment about "with only 11 baseball scholarships" being a reason for not being competitive. All D1 baseball programs only get 11.7 scholarships. The 217 teams ahead of us in the latest RPI have 11.7 scholarships. I don't understand your point about the number of scholarships being a reason for not being competitive.

We have the same # of scholly's as the big boys... What we dont have are the training facilities like say UT who just broke ground on a 3-4 million dollar hitting and pitching lab... We dont even have a dressing room.. who would want to come to SFA and not even have a place to dress..

BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Gazette1 said:

Again your comment about "with only 11 baseball scholarships" being a reason for not being competitive. All D1 baseball programs only get 11.7 scholarships. The 217 teams ahead of us in the latest RPI have 11.7 scholarships. I don't understand your point about the number of scholarships being a reason

We have the same # of scholly's as the big boys... What we dont have are the training facilities like say UT who just broke ground on a 3-4 million dollar hitting and pitching lab... We dont even have a dressing room.. who would want to come to SFA and not even have a place to dress..

The crowd claiming we can't be competitive against the big boys is talking aboutFBS vs FCS football. 85 vs. 63 scholarships
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.