Tarleton State transition to D1.

7,611 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by INiedrauer
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As everyone or mostly everyone is probably aware, Tarleton State University(who SFA plays in the home opener of the 2018 football season) is attempting to transition to division 1 athletics. Obviously with how fast they're growing and their strong D2 history, their transition looks to be a lot more like that of ACU and less of HBU or UIW's transition.

It's been expressed by many TSU fans and even by their coaches that they want to join the SLC with ACU if(likely when) they make the jump. The SLC is already a very crowded league for sure and already has a lot of purple, but would the addition of another team traditionally really good in football be a good move for the conference?

Also we should drop HBU and UIW.
SFAXE93
Too much purple is right

I'm surprise with SFA being the lumberjacks and located in the piney woods nobody back in the day thought of forest green as the school colors.

It would have been more unique, like burnt orange.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFASawmillGuy
I like the SFA purple and hold firmly that everyone else copied us out of jealousy.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

I like the SFA purple and hold firmly that everyone else copied us out of jealousy.
We can't help if some people stole our color before we got to it.
TallTexan
We can't add Tarleton, then they'd be us. Same enrollment, same colors, same type of setting. And in 5 years they'd have grown bigger than us.
Jacks4460
I can say their administration is top notch!! When Dr. Pattillo retires the BOR need to look in Stephenville for his replacement.. He can bring all sides together a true leader..
SFASawmillGuy
Dr. Patillo's gonna die in the press box of Homer Bryce Stadium before he retires
Jacks4460
You can bring them both on and have a Southland East Division and West Division... Tarleton's 26.4 Mil stadium upgrade is going to be awsome and fan friendly..
INiedrauer
Staff
Side note: my youngest brother signed as a defensive lineman at Tarleton on Wednesday so I want nothing but success for them....but I was a little miffed that they were telling recruits through that process that they're "going to be joining the Southland" because that's not only untrue at this stage, but in my view, unlikely.

Could happen but definitely isn't in the plan right now.
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

You can bring them both on and have a Southland East Division and West Division... Tarleton's 26.4 Mil stadium upgrade is going to be awsome and fan friendly..

We need a stadium upgrade bad !!!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

Side note: my youngest brother signed as a defensive lineman at Tarleton on Wednesday so I want nothing but success for them....but I was a little miffed that they were telling recruits through that process that they're "going to be joining the Southland" because that's not only untrue at this stage, but in my view, unlikely.

I wondered if that Niedrauer was related to you. Defensive Line? Does that talent run in the family? We could use you on the OLine.
INiedrauer
Staff
TallTexan said:

INiedrauer said:

I wondered if that Niedrauer was related to you. Defensive Line? Does that talent run in the family? We could use you on the OLine.

Somehow in a family full of phenomenal athletes, the genes skipped right the hell over me. So I talk about sports instead...
TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

TallTexan said:

INiedrauer said:

Somehow in a family full of phenomenal athletes, the genes skipped right the hell over me. So I talk about sports instead...
Well, atleast you're good at it.

And that sucks that they are telling people they are transitioning to Southland. That aint happening anytime soon IMO unless a team moves up. I suppose they could have our spot.
OldSchool
Don't know a lot about Tarleton State but looks like they are up and coming FB program. They have nothing to loose and everything to gain by playing Lumberjacks. If they beat us it will help their case on moving to Southland even though it the bottom tier of the conference.
Wouldn't surprise me if they beat the struggling Jacks.
INiedrauer
Staff
OldSchool said:

Don't know a lot about Tarleton State but looks like they are up and coming FB program. They have nothing to loose and everything to gain by playing Lumberjacks. If they beat us it will help their case on moving to Southland even though it the bottom tier of the conference.
Wouldn't surprise me if they beat the struggling Jacks.
I think people underestimate the gap in talent between DII and FCS. Houston Baptist would beat them by 35.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.