BigJack85 said:

Tall,

If SFA "was" to join a system I generally agree that Texas Tech or the Texas State system are the two best fits. Angelo State has prospered under the Texas Tech system. I could see a political scenario where Midwestern State and SFA join either the Tech system or Texas State system in the next 10 years. I hope it doesn't happen but it's a possibility.

There are only 4 schools that aren't part of a system. SFA, Midwestern, TSU and TWU.

Axe 'Em Jacks!

By state law, thanks to Rick Perry, SFA can't change it's name. Not to say the required legislation couldn't reverse that. I'd love to see how much the UT system would be willing to help us develop if we kept our name.

That said, I like the Tech System. However, I also wouldn't mind SFA, TSU, TWU, & Midwestern forming our own system together. We've all been independent for a while and I think it's because each university is unique to others in Texas & serves unique populations.

SFA is the University of East Texas, and focused on teaching vs research.
TSU- HBCU & has a law school
TWU-Enrolls a large majority of women due to it's founding as a women's institution.
Midwestern-The State's only public liberal arts college.

I'm not sure what we'd call it, just a thought.