What's your McBroom year 1 wish list?

1,338 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Give me your top 5 things you hope McBroom tackles in year 1. And let's keep it reasonable, for example, "facilities master plan" is reasonable for a year 1 effort, build a new 10 million dollar ballpark is not.

I'm not sure how much the Athletic Department reads our humble forum, but maybe we'll surface some good, relatively low cost ideas that they can use.
BigJack85
I'm considering this a wish list for July 1 2024 thru June 30 2025.

1a. Finish higher than 3rd in the commissioner's cup. 2nd would be acceptable but we know where we should be, 1st.

1b. Football - Get a plan on paper (some sort of formal announcement) on rehabilitating Homer Bryce. This could include: Field House/Practice Facility and realignment (improvement/update) of the concessions/bathrooms.

2. Baseball - Make progress towards a permanent facility on or near campus.

3. Soccer - Update bathrooms etc. for current facility

4. Bowling - Look into using the University Center basement as a home for bowling.

5. Golf - Some sort of partnership with the planned golf destination near Mt. Enterprise.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
jboy93
Texan is always making us think! lol

1. If we are continuing baseball (obviously we are with the hiring of the new coach), have a plan in place to get baseball/softball on or near campus NOW!
2. Give women's volleyball anything (within reason) they want to help Shelton! Not sure what locker rooms etc look like but they have earned it too!
3. Men's and Women's basketball in the tourney finals competing for a spot in the Big Dances!
4. Football renos started within the next year!
5. Dominate, yes dominate the Southland! Don't think there should be any excuses.
SCH890
BigJack85 said:

I'm considering this a wish list for July 1 2024 thru June 30 2025.

1a. Finish higher than 3rd in the commissioner's cup. 2nd would be acceptable but we know where we should be, 1st.

1b. Football - Get a plan on paper (some sort of formal announcement) on rehabilitating Homer Bryce. This could include: Field House/Practice Facility and realignment (improvement/update) of the concessions/bathrooms.

2. Baseball - Make progress towards a permanent facility on or near campus.

3. Soccer - Update bathrooms etc. for current facility

4. Bowling - Look into using the University Center basement as a home for bowling.

5. Golf - Some sort of partnership with the planned golf destination near Mt. Enterprise.
Honestly all of this sounds like a wonderful plan. Can't think of anything more.
cboothe09
1. Plan for Baseball/Softball Facilities
2. Plan to upgrade Homer Bryce
3. Plan to Upgrade Shelton
4. Layout fundraising plans for short/long term
5. Clear expectations on coaches and success
TallTexan
My 5 would be, in no particular order:

1. Facilities master plan
2. Ticket prices/theme nights to get attendance at football/basketball up 10%
2A. A 4 for $20 plan for the empty seats in football & basketball.
2B. Theme nights to attract folks to games. Mardi gras night. Superhero night. First Responders day, full band night for basketball. And personally, we should host a citizenship ceremony at a "patriotic" themed football or basketball game. That'd get on ESPN.
3. Fix broadcast quality issues
4. I'd like to see our marketing & video production levels get back to the levels of when Alex Bell was here.
5. Have a working relationship with University Admin & Student Groups for scheduling to avoid conflicting events/promotions.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

2B. Theme nights to attract folks to games. Mardi gras night. Superhero night. First Responders day, full band night for basketball. And personally, we should host a citizenship ceremony at a "patriotic" themed football or basketball game. That'd get on ESPN.
4. I'd like to see our marketing & video production levels get back to the levels of when Alex Bell was here.
5. Have a working relationship with University Admin & Student Groups for scheduling to avoid conflicting events/promotions.

Good stuff. The theme nights can help. A larger more engaged undergrad population will go a long way. From the sounds of it our fall 2023 class was big, and 2024 is supposed to be 10% bigger SO, we might get some increase just by virtue of more students.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

All good ideas, Texan. Yes, fix the broadcast issues!

BTW, explain what you mean by "full band night for basketball". The entire LMB playing at a game? That would blow the lid off of WRJ, but I think it'd make for a memorable night (with free earplugs provided, of course). (I know what you meant...)
TallTexan
Free ear plugs and a free screaning with SFA's audiology department.

Also regarding the broadcasts, I'd be curious if we can swap in a Purple Lights commercial for the "come to SFA" one.

How many prospective students are watching SFA streams vs alums? Gotta be like 100 to 1 in alums favor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.