Adding a team member

3,441 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Txjack
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Hey everyone. So as some of you know, it was a year ago at the HBU game when I proposed to my girlfriend in front of about 5000 of our friends here in Nac. What (almost) everyone doesn't know, is we eloped a couple months later. Today, we announced (as we enter the second trimester), that a new baby Niedrauer is on the way.

On a sports-related note, that means we'll be welcoming a new family member the week SFA plays at SMU in September. On a personal note, I'M GOING TO BE A DAD. 50% elated, 50% terrified.

Any advice you more senior-folk might have for a first-time parent is appreciated.

-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

PurpleOut
Staff
Congrats! Happy for you guys. I have a 2 year old boy and a 4 year old daughter so we have our hands full, but it's amazing.
SFAXE93
Welcome to the club as I have a couple myself, an 8 year old daughter and a 3 year old boy.

I try to teach them as much self-reliance as their age allows and more as they mature so that they can one day dominate their generation in the job market.

That is my advice.

In the mean time enjoy the ride.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Here's my advice... Run for your life! JUST KIDDING. It's an amazing adventure. Fun while it lasts, but even more fun when you finally get to the point that you buy your last package of diapers.

Congrats, Isaac! Love on that kid every day! And dress him/her in SFA purple!

nacluth
Wow! Many congratulations. I have 3 girls- 7, 4, and 1. There's nothing more challenging and more rewarding than fatherhood. Any advice we give would be forgotten in all the sleepless nights ahead, but I wish you lots of luck. Well if I had to give advice it would be - plenty of people have gone through what you will before. Don't be afraid to ask for advice or help in the moment. It can be emotionally and physically overwhelming. Just get some breaths of air from time to time.

You'll do great. Congrats to you and your wife.
SFAXE93
Sleepless nights was one thing my wife and I never had to deal with. Both of my kids loved to sleep and sleep deep all through the night.

So we were lucky in that respect.
nacluth
Now that just isn't fair. Next you'll say puberty was a piece of cake.
TheRevSFA
Congrats man.

Get sleepers with zippers. You don't want to deal with snaps at 3am

I have a 2 year old and being a dad is amazing
Txjack
Slow day at work, I was trolling the site and just now saw this...advice?....enjoy the ride! Kids are an amazing blessing. That Oak Ridge Boys song, "Thank God for Kids" is spot on. I've got 3 school aged girls and will never get tired of hearing my favorite word "Daddy"...that's my badge of honor. Congrats!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.