High School Sports 2021-2022

1,127 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In a rather strange move, former Arkansas and SMU coach Chad Morris has taken the head coaching job at Allen High School. Morris most recently served as Auburn's offensive coordinator. Allen is certainly a great HS coaching position, but a move back to the HS ranks by someone with his background is surprising.
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In a rather strange move, former Arkansas and SMU coach Chad Morris has taken the head coaching job at Allen High School. Morris most recently served as Auburn's offensive coordinator. Allen is certainly a great HS coaching position, but a move back to the HS ranks by someone with his background is surprising.
I thought that was plenty strange. No doubt it's a great job, but I'm surprised.
SFAJack_76
169-38 in high school as head coach. Three state championships in six finals. 18-40 in college. His daughter works at UNT. His son is a QB transfer from OU at TCU.

There is more to a job than a paycheck, although he will get payed well at Allen. His predecessor made $125,000. Allen plays in a $60 million stadium.

I don't know the Morris family, but I can see how this could be a great move.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.