Dyehard Fan Supply

4,904 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

This could be big. Should help our overall branding, and hopefully our merchandise.

Already listed as a partner on their site: https://dyehardfansupply.com/partners.html
djsfw57
I just went to their website and saw the other programs/schools/bowls, etc they have dealings with. This is very impressive.

*edited to fix a really stupid typo... LOL
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
Looks solid. Lots of data/information.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is great! I can see one or more actual SFA Team Stores around town and perhaps in malls in larger cities instead of a hodge-podge of small bookstores around campus (aimed primarily at students) and a couple of students selling a few SFA items under a 10 X 10 tent on game days a few times a year. This will definitely help to grow our footprint when we move out of the sorry SLC and into the WAC.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm hoping we have better merchandise experiences on gameday as well.

This year thus far I've been limited to two trips to Nac, one for football and one for basketball. Each time the UC Boookstore was closed, and there was no stand (that I was able to find) at either game selling any gear. Perhaps partially because of COVID, but I can't recall the stands in years past other than at the Alumni Association tailgates. I like Jackbackers and get items there a lot, but to very blunt I think the majority of their gear is pretty...cheap looking. We need more officially licensed stuff. Not gear that looks like we got a local screen printer. They have like 6 shades of purple.

I think we should add a 2nd Barnes & Noble store (merchandise and bookstore) or some sort of stadium store somewhere around the Coliseum. That of course would come at a much higher cost, so I understand that is a tougher ask. But at the very minimum we should have a legitimate temporary store INSIDE the Coliseum. Almost every pro or large stadium I've been to has some sort of kiosk or "temporary" store with racks of shirts/polos, tables with hats, etc.

How cool would it be to have a store like this right next to the Coliseum or Homer Bryce?

TallTexan
Last time I was at a UT game, they had a trailer that had fold out racks, etc under tents.

That would be a pretty good option to rollout out at Homer Bryce and then could also be positioned at other events like baseball, basketball, etc.
nacluth
We have had temporary stores in the Coliseum pre-construction that were decent. Back when I was a kid and the Ladyjacks were crushing it, there was an actual store where the main ticket office is now.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

We have had temporary stores in the Coliseum pre-construction that were decent. Back when I was a kid and the Ladyjacks were crushing it, there was an actual store where the main ticket office is now.
Yeah, just seems to have always been hit or miss. This would assume we are able to get more/better merchandise to sell...I just think we should put more of a focus on having merchandise available on gamedays.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

I'm hoping we have better merchandise experiences on gameday as well.

This year thus far I've been limited to two trips to Nac, one for football and one for basketball. Each time the UC Boookstore was closed, and there was no stand (that I was able to find) at either game selling any gear. Perhaps partially because of COVID, but I can't recall the stands in years past other than at the Alumni Association tailgates. I like Jackbackers and get items there a lot, but to very blunt I think the majority of their gear is pretty...cheap looking. We need more officially licensed stuff. Not gear that looks like we got a local screen printer. They have like 6 shades of purple.

I think we should add a 2nd Barnes & Noble store (merchandise and bookstore) or some sort of stadium store somewhere around the Coliseum. That of course would come at a much higher cost, so I understand that is a tougher ask. But at the very minimum we should have a legitimate temporary store INSIDE the Coliseum. Almost every pro or large stadium I've been to has some sort of kiosk or "temporary" store with racks of shirts/polos, tables with hats, etc.

How cool would it be to have a store like this right next to the Coliseum or Homer Bryce?

6 shades of Purple..... that's an issue for sure.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

Yeah, just seems to have always been hit or miss. This would assume we are able to get more/better merchandise to sell...I just think we should put more of a focus on having merchandise available on gamedays.

Better merchandise is key. Most of the bookstore stuff doesn't last long or atleast look good very long.

Some of the Texas size bling stuff is great if we could workout a deal there.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85
Dyehard, good.....
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

Better merchandise is key. Most of the bookstore stuff doesn't last long or atleast look good very long.

I was a graduate assistant alongside with Lisa & went to her wedding! She was working on her MBA at the time. We won't hold it against her that she has a second location in Waco for Baylor lol
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

I was a graduate assistant alongside with Lisa & went to her wedding! She was working on her MBA at the time. We won't hold it against her that she has a second location in Waco for Baylor lol
Lol. I will give her this, spice market is the best part of waco.
SFAJack_76
I got asked a couple of days ago if everything I owned was purple. Well, no ... not yet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I got asked a couple of days ago if everything I owned was purple. Well, no ... not yet.

I get the same question from my wife (a Prison Tech grad).

In addition to all of the purple SFA stuff in my closet, I'm also a Lions Club Past District Governor, and Lions Clubs' primary color is.... Purple. So my closet is Purple X2.
CertifiedAxeman98
Really should be able to buy merchandise at a football or basketball game for sure. I want some new stuff with the new branding. My wife really like the trees in the axe. Need some new stuff so I can't wait to see what for Friday to come. Maybe we can buy some stuff at the Sam games this weekend.
PurpleOut
Staff

A little confused with their wording. Says something new for you, but video says coming soon. Still looks like the old site is live.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

A little confused with their wording. Says something new for you, but video says coming soon. Still looks like the old site is live.

Ok bc that confused the heck out of me.
PurpleOut
Staff
They fixed the actual site/domain issue, but there is nothing on there. No products are linked to the category pages...this is really poorly done. I'm not sure why they decided to roll out an incomplete site.
nacluth
Did you see the ad at the game? It flashed on the big screen and it looked like it showed some product, but by the time I glanced, it was gone.
CertifiedAxeman98
So I looked several times over the weekend and when they first got the correct site up and working I saw some Under Armour stuff but it was really limited. This morning those are all mostly gone. This is a bit of a mess. I hope this not a sign of things to come with Dyehard.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Did you see the ad at the game? It flashed on the big screen and it looked like it showed some product, but by the time I glanced, it was gone.
Yeah I think it was just the same ad they've been tweeting with the new UA shirt and hat.
CertifiedAxeman98
Looks like stuff is back in the store online. But still very limited. Only 1 item for the women. They need to up the volume.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah looks like they fixed the links.

It's just odd to see them go so hard with very little to offer.

CertifiedAxeman98
Agreed. With an almost empty store they seem to be pushing hard. Seems like they would do a soft push until they have more merch. Maybe they expected more in the store day one. I like a quality over quantity approach but this is way too sparse.
TallTexan
Not gonna lie, been kinda disappointed with this. Just the same regular old shirts as always, save for a "bringing the WAC to Nac" option.

I really doubt they've sold a single SFA branded "you're on mute" shirt.

Meanwhile, Homefield is out there build an entire business out of retro and vintage style gear. Maybe they'll include SFA someday so that we can get some cool shirts.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kind of agree. It's getting better, but I was hoping for more/better stuff right now. Especially when I got the polo that's just the same quality. Looks nice on the website, but when you get it, it's just a standard UA polo that we had a logo stitched on to and ends up looking like a weird soccer crest around the logo with the embroidery coming through.

I had to think twice about the "You're On Mute" shirt when I first saw it.

They do have game worn football jerseys on there now.
TallTexan
Kinda like when Soccer had these super slick graphics saying conference champ that never ended up on a shirt to my knowledge.

I'm 90% sure that Homefield, Dye Hard, and Fanatics are all print to order so there's not much inventory cost outside of creating the initial graphic. And SFA's team could do a good portion of that as they create team/season graphics.
TallTexan
How do we not sell a "If you can't be a big time coach, atleast be a big coach" tshirt?
LUMBERJACK2005
What's the meaning behind this shirt, anyone know?

https://shop.sfajacks.com/stephen-a-austin-lumberjacks-you-are-on-mute-short-sleeve-t-shirt/
Ljacks&Longnecks
Who knows?!? Maybe Pilotgirl can fill us in.

So far I'm very unimpressed with anything these companies on here have come up with for SFA folks.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Who knows?!? Maybe Pilotgirl can fill us in.

So far I'm very unimpressed with anything these companies on here have come up with for SFA folks.

Lol it's a virtual meeting thing which became a popular saying the past year and a half as the workforce shifted meetings to virtual meetings (Zoom, Webex, Google Meet, etc). When in meetings, it's important to mute yourself so the sounds of your home office or office doesn't disturb others from hearing the speaker.

When at home, it's funny because one might hear kids or family members say something that might be a little bit (or more) inappropriate for the work setting. So we stay on mute. But then we might need to contribute and forget that we need to turn our sound on so others can hear us (this has happened to me NUMEROUS times). The people in the meeting will say "You're on mute! We can't hear you " and you will have to start over from the beginning.

Just a little telework joke but I wouldn't buy this shirt and what makes it SFA?!
Pilotgirl
Ahh I see the tiny logo on bottom...but still ugh. Yeah, not impressed with this shop/selection AT ALL.
TallTexan
Ya Dyehard needs to up their game. Homefield is out there killing it with vintage and unique designs.

Diehard isn't even really a step above Fanatics.

And these are all printed to order so as long as they have the blanks in stock, it's not like they're holding inventory of only SFA shirts. They could have dozens of unique designs.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.