Raise The Axe Campaign

4,183 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Started this thread so it doesn't get lost in other threads.

$2,320 raised so far.

https://raisetheaxe.com/sfa/raisetheaxe
PurpleOut
Staff
I just donated.

Crazy that we have fans that are saying they won't contribute now because of the team taking a knee Saturday. So sad.
Buckytaylor
Crazy? Its an embarrassment to our fanbase. We have a TEAM that has taken the higher road to get THEIR message across. They found national publicity and there were no one hurt by THEIR act, nor did they disrespect any veteran by kneeling during the National anthem like many other organizations. I am very proud to have been there and to be associated with STEPHEN F. AUSTIN FOOTBALL. Those not willing to contribute, I hope they find another use for the money, or maybe just choke on it. This was about EQUALITY, so any BLM definition that you can google will not be worthy of mentioning in a discussion.
Jacks4460
I love your fire Bucky... you are totally correct about not disrespecting anyone or anything.. Some people have just been taught differently than others and need to be educated on the subject.. That's what our team accomplished Saturday.. It got people talking again some are negative and will always be negative... usually the subject gets dropped but now this keeps the talk going.. I love our team and if I had some extra green I would give it but I don't right now.. I know a lot do tho..
BigJack85
I donated. Every little bit helps. Maybe business will get back on track. If so I'll be able to be "more helpful"!
BigJack85
Just sad. Just sad.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

I donated. Every little bit helps. Maybe business will get back on track. If so I'll be able to be "more helpful"!

It should BigJack I started working in the entertainment business at the first of the year and well there is nothing going on and hasn't been since Feb. They say first of the year things should open back up but until then things are tight..thank goodness have have my hands in a couple things so I can survive..
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

I just donated.

Crazy that we have fans that are saying they won't contribute now because of the team taking a knee Saturday. So sad.

Purpleout I try not to spend any energy on fans talking like that.. they just aren't worth it..
SFAJack_76
Those of you on Twitter have read how I feel about our student-athletes, coaches, and administration. They did it the right way. We got to see it in person. Knew it was coming, and still got chills. UTEP joining in was icing on the cake.

"Fans" that now won't support our young men and women are exactly the people they are trying to reach and educate. My hope is they will get past whatever negative emotion it invoked, and listen ... really, really listen.

We support financially as we are fortunate enough to be able to do, and by being there to cheer them on.
Pilotgirl
I am so glad you were able to be there, Alan! Did you drive or fly? I hope the weather was good for ya!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I am so glad you were able to be there, Alan! Did you drive or fly? I hope the weather was good for ya!
We flew. Too far to drive for a quick turnaround. The weather was good. Although not much cooler than home, the lower humidity made it much more comfortable. Would like to go back when we have more time, and more things are open.
Pilotgirl
Yes...the lower humidity makes the heat livable Lol I've made that drive many a time and it is not an easy one...but a quick flight for sure

There is a 5k held in one of my friends honor every May, so I'm hoping to go back then.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
A little different spin has recently been added to the campaign. There are now sport specific options, with a chance in most, if not all, to win something. Take a look. Questions, as usual, to Tyler Boone.

https://www.raisetheaxejacks.com/
BigJack85
Very well done. I donate directly to the over arching campaign then if I see something that really catches my eye I can drop of eww more bucks on the Lumberjacks.......
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.