Fundraising for Nacogdoches Hope

6,812 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Right when they cancelled the NCAA Tournament, I somewhat jokingly tweeted that I was going to make a "SFA National Champions" shirt that got more attention than I figured.

Never did anything about it, but now have been thinking about ways we can help the Nacogdoches community and this could be a very easy option. Using Bonfire.com, you can do fundraising have the proceeds from shirt sales go directly to a 501c3. Nacogdoches Hope is our food bank and is having a very tough time. I called them and they are definitely stressed out and stretched thin.

So I'm going to set this up and get it going ASAP. There will be a separate donate feature, so you don't have to buy the shirt. But you can definitely do both. Here are a few designs that I quickly made.

Let me know what you think, not overly concerned on the design but want to make sure it at least is decent enough to get fans to want it.
PurpleOut
Staff
Getting it set up now, should be live soon. Even if you don't want to buy/donate, I'd ask that you share it any way you can.
BigJack85
Looks good to me. I'll participate.
PurpleOut
Staff
Let's do it...

SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Let's do it...

Great idea! Done.
TallTexan
Done.
nacluth
You the man Matt! Great idea.
PurpleOut
Staff
28 shirts, $165.20 in profits, $70 in extra donations. Very awesome in just the first day (less than 24 hours).

Thanks everyone, keep it up, share it with any SFA/Nac resident you may see online or speak with!
nacluth
Ah yeah. I'm going door-to-door today to shake everyone's hand and get them to donate and support!
PurpleOut
Staff
41 shirts, $319 raised.

May not seem like a lot, but that's a huge help to them already. Every dollar counts.
nacluth
It's huge. They used to be able to supply 4 meals per dollar raised. Just think of it as every dollar is one person's meals for the day.
PurpleOut
Staff
$416 total now. Shirt sales have slowed down, but I've found there are a lot of people that don't want a shirt (non-SFA people mostly) but still willing to donate.

If you share on Facebook, and tag Nacogdoches HOPE, there is an option to add a donate button where your friends can donate directly through Facebook. Picked up $85 that way already today.
Pilotgirl
How do you donate directly? I do not want a shirt. I tried looking when the fundraiser was first posted but couldn't find that option.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

How do you donate directly? I do not want a shirt. I tried looking when the fundraiser was first posted but couldn't find that option.
https://www.nacogdocheshope.com/donate
Pilotgirl
Thanks!
PurpleOut
Staff
The first campaign is now over, 52 shirts sold and $386 raised (plus another $80 or so from Facebook donations).

The link is still live, if anyone still wants a shirt, an order will trigger a 2nd campaign to start.

Thanks everyone!
PurpleOut
Staff
Heard from Nacogdoches Hope this morning that the first payout to them ($393) fed over 80 families. That's not counting the extra donations we got, so it was awesome to hear.

nacluth
Nice. Great job Matt. HOPE is doing a great service during this time (like always). Glad the Sawmill could have a part in it.
nacluth
Got my shirt a couple days back. Thanks again!
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Got my shirt a couple days back. Thanks again!
Awesome, I've seen a lot of them on Twitter.

The shirt was decent quality, but the print on mine is off (which is a huge pet peeve of mine for shirts). The text is slightly angled and off centered, and the overall print looks kind of cheap. It's not terrible, but not great in my opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.