More Stories on Other SFA Teams, Please

2,402 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by INiedrauer
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know The Sawmill has to crawl before it can walk, but how about some stories on the other SFA athletic teams besides men's BB and FB? The women's BB team is 16-3, and there have only been three articles written about them, with a fourth about one of their recruits.

The women's bowling team is defending national champs. The soccer team is perennially strong. Both track and field teams are now underway for their seasons. Baseball and softball are close to getting started. And, I believe, nothing has been written about any of them, save for one story about SLC soccer.

I'd hazard a guess that some of your loyal readers would even be willing to contribute guest commentaries or regular reports outside of the forum discussions (nacluth comes to mind for the women's BB team, since he follows them closely). Stories about individual players would be welcomed, too.

Consideration of my request would be appreciated and would really add value to your already excellent website. Thanks!
nacluth
Having had some friends start a similar venture (and unfortunately making my own living through the internet), I know how hard starting something like the Sawmill website can be. It's a sink for both time and money if you're not careful. However, I have been thrilled with the content, look, and camaraderie of the site - especially since the merger with LJF.

I had a feeling that one of the hardest things to do initially would be to offer enough Premium content to make it worth the price. This is one of the reasons I decided to be a Sponsor than just a Premium member. I think there has been one or two Premium pieces that haven't been public. Building a brand is tough while offering value for the paying customers.

I would recommend making the Raw Audio a Premium feature. That is one of my favorite features and worth paying for that extra insight. Maybe the player video interviews that you've had as well. I know they are great for Facebook, just an idea. I think concentrating on the basketball is where the bread and butter is for right now, but I do support a more holistic view of the sports. Getting to watch the girls win the bowling championship on the stadium screen during the Purple/White scrimmage last year was exciting. It made me realize how I would have interest in other SFA sports.

If you need guest pieces or editorial/opinion pieces (because I can't be unbiased), I would be willing to help out. Let me state though, I love the writing of the pieces here - mainly by Isaac, but also Colton and Jake. The Q&A's with other team's fanblogs has been great too. I know you guys are probably super busy, but kind of like Ed's saying. Check in from time to time to see where areas of interest lie and where you can please your supporters. Also, let us know if there are ways the common reader of your stuff can help out.

Thanks for all you do for the crazy SFA fanatics out there who check your site a million times a day.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
INiedrauer
Staff
This is definitely a big area of need and I appreciate the feedback. I can definitely promise that behind the scenes something is being done about that as well as the need for more volumes of content period. Thanks for hanging with us during all this getting-off-the-ground stuff!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.